InsteonPLM binding drops out and performs slow

Hi,
I hope someone can shed some light on the problem I’m having. I have Openhab 1.7 running with the latest Insteonplm binding for communicating with the Insteon 2012 Hub. I have 10 devices running on the hub and setup in Openhab. It all works well, but seems that after a few days, the binding gets sluggish in response and then fails to work at all. If I restart Openhab, then the problem resolved itself. I’ve increased the polling duration to about 10 minutes but with no effective difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to look for. I have the binding recording a debug log file, but it’s huge and difficult to to know what to look for.

Many thanks
Stew

Hard to say what the problem is. I have it running for several months now with about 110 devices, and no slowdown.
I don’t have the 2012 hub though, but use the PLM modem directly. On the other hand, I don’t recall others complaining about slowdown.

Have you checked for CPU load on the machine that is running openhab? Is openhab running high?

Would you mind upgrading to the latest nightly builds on cloudbees? I just don’t have the resources to support the older versions.

Please see if an upgrade takes care of the problem. I don’t think you’d have to change your configuration files, they are compatible.

If the problem persists please post a debug log to something like pastebin etc. I know it gets big, but that’s the only way to make sense of it.

Any progress on this? I’ve made a couple more changes to the binding, but none that would address what you are reporting. Just curious.
Again, a debug log would be helpful. Maybe just the last few lines. You need to check if the binding really gets the message from openhab, and from the timestamp you can see when it sends a message out.

Hi There,
Yes, and sorry for the slow response. I updated to that latest 1.8 snapshot, and that seemed to resolve the problems I was having.

So very pleased.
Many thanks for the advice!!

Stewart

Hi, I know it’s a very old issue but I hope someone can help me.

I have installed the insteon binding 3.1.0 and an insteon PLM USB.
My problem is that after a few days the commands of my insteon devices take between 30 to 60 seconds to update in openhab and to solve it I have to disconnect and connect the PLM, at first I thought it was a cpu problem but I checked and it is in low consumption.

could one of you help me?

• Platform information:
    Hardware: RPI 4 RAM 4GB
    *storage
    SO: openhabian
  • openHABian: 3.1
    Java runtime environment: openjdk version “11.0.12”