Insteonplm.cfg not working correctly

Can you open a cmd shell and then go to the root of the openhab installation? Then you can run the findstr command (findstr | Microsoft Learn). I think the command you should run is:

findstr /s /i port_ .

This should find all occurrences of port_ in the files in the current and subdirectories. Looking back at your log file, somewhere there is a port_0, port_1, port_2, port_3, port_4, port_5, and port_6 defined.

Thanks for all of the help. I just reinstalled everything related to Openhab. Solved with all of your help. Thanks!

1 Like

BTW, ranielsen, I still cannot find anything to do with ā€œport_ā€ or ā€œCom6ā€. I have no idea where else to look.

Rob,

His config file only contains one definition for a port. The issue is he was trying others and they are now in his cache, which he needs to clear.

David,

Did you confirm this cache file I noted contains these old definitions yet? to clear cache on windows, Iā€™d suspect you need to log into the openhab console, but I also see something called ā€œopenhab-cliā€ that might work as well. I donā€™t use windows, but I googled quickly and I found this thread with some info:

https://community.openhab.org/t/clear-the-cache/36424/2

Tom

That will definitely clear the cache - haha!

Tom

Out of curiosity, does insteonplm.config exist now?

Ok, now I found it. The culprit is C:\\openhab2\userdata\config\org\openhab\insteonplm.config.

Here it is:

poll_interval="300000"
port_0="/hub2/xxxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxx@192.168.0.228:25105,poll_time\=1000"
port_1="COM1\t\ \ (Windows,\ with\ serial/usb\ modem\ on\ COM1)"
port_5="COM6\t\ \ (Windows,\ with\ serial/usb\ modem\ on\ COM1)"
port_6="/hub2/xxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx@192.168.0.244:25105,poll_time\=1000"
refresh="600000"
service.pid="org.openhab.insteonplm"

Now, after I have reloaded Openhab2, I found it. Oh, wellā€¦

Again, thanks for all of the help. I was told to look at insteonplm.config, but I couldnā€™t find it.

So itā€™s all working now? Curious how it works if this file was the culprit. I need to search and see if my install has this file.

Itā€™s all working now. I copied the original openhab folder back to C: drive, corrected that particular file, and I am back to normal.

1 Like

Iā€™m not surprised that you found it, but that does look to be in the ā€œwrong placeā€.

I expect you want to move on - but if that file is deleted, is it just recreated at boot time (with expected entries!), or maybe in /services?

I am not sure. I would imagine it is recreated.