[SOLVED] Insufficient time to complete transaction for RequestNodeNeighborUpdate for large z-wave networks

That’s fine, but it’s also the problem with OH - we provide a lot of tools, and many people expect a lot of information so I try and provide this - sorry.

This will change - I’m working with Silabs and they will be opening this up in future (later in the year). The ZIP requirement will be dropped although it’s unclear exactly what interfaces it will be replaced with (Silabs are still discussing this internally). Hopefully I can influence this direction to avoid host applications which is the current thought, but let’s see.

Unfortunately the binding requires a near complete rewrite to resolve other issues to allow certification so I don’t get my arse sued. This is my main focus right now.

Surely it is your choice to go for certification or not.

What areas are you having to revamp? Now I know Z/IP is not the only way forward it makes the current binding a lot more interesting.

Well, not really. We should not be claiming to support ZWave without certification as that’s a trademark violation.

1 Like

and thank you Alex for that. Your determination and curiosity has solved plenty of quirky bugs

1 Like

It will be pretty much a rewrite, so it’s a little bit of work :wink:

1 Like

OK, now this discussion is starting to get interesting

If not completely off topic now :wink:

1 Like

Well it does indicate why it might be better to use a workaround than you having to look at a change for this code line.

If it is indeed just on bigger networks or ones with a lot of reports it would be better if people helped themselves by reducing reporting as reported as helping in this thread.

This is good advise me thinks

Alex @Celaeno1 check out this post in another thread Rob explains about how to use this tool

this also seems like some sound thinking to me

My understanding is silicon are handing it all over to the zwave association this year and the code for all the bits that is currently closed will be available to some developers. I believe they may be treating openzwave as a special case so why not your work which is equally a special case?

Well, I don’t think that’s quite right. The focus of the ZWA will change, and Silabs will open source the protocols so that other manufacturers can get into the market. ZWA will sort out the certification/standards side of things.

I have been working with Silabs for a few years - I’ve no idea what OZW are doing, and its not really of interest as it’s not linked.

I am under an NDA with Silabs, so can’t really comment too much on what’s happening, and I doubt they will be releasing a lot of information until probably at least the middle of the year.

1 Like

Thanks Chris,

While I don’t dislike Z/IP I don’t really need it so I can stop working on it and see what happens.

1 Like

I do believe that this has been fixed

Thanks @chris!

1 Like

Bravo Stephen :+1:
your work has helped fix a problem which so many users have suffered from
thanks Chris and Stephen, great work fellas!

1 Like

Can you please post the link to this JAR?

Best, Jay

First, it is not designed for OH 2.4. I know GH was updated 7 hours ago, before the latest binding build. I am not sure whether it was fixed before the last export. The jar is here.

https://ci.openhab.org/view/Integration%20Builds%20(2.5.x)/job/openHAB2.5.x-ZWave/

EDIT: The binding was updates 5 hours ago so you will need to wait for another binding export and snapshot build…

Note that this is just the standard 2.5.x SNAPSHOT.

The snapshot build was done when I did the update.

1 Like

I’ve been running Chris’s zWave 2.5 bindings on 2.4 OH for quite some time now. Here’s the one I’ve been running since Oct 2019 w/o any major issues. I’ll let folks know if this new one above works on 2.4 when I get a chance to try it.

287 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.0.201910162319     │ org.openhab.binding.zwave

Best. Jay

2 Likes

It works! I have 20 zWave devices which are all online and reporting after the upgrade.

With OH 2.4 running the latest zWave binding, you have to install the Zigbee binding tied to zWave binding in order to get zWave to work on OH 2.4. The Zigbee binding will throw a bunch of errors on a clean startup of OH 2.4 which you can ignore.

290 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.2.202002091130     │ org.openhab.binding.zwave
200 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.0.201910162318     │ org.openhab.binding.zigbee

Best, Jay

2 Likes