- Platform information:
- Hardware: _Raspberry Pi 3 (planned)
- OS: none (planning stage)
- Java Runtime Environment: none (planning stage)
- openHAB version: none (planning stage)
Hello @ all,
first of all thanx for setting up this helpful community which i already used a lot for gathering information.
Since i’m planning to implement an openHAB solution for my house step by step (sensor by sensor ) i’d like to start implementing what is already there.
My home is equipped with Merten MEG5480 wireless smoke detectors which do communicate with each other. I just have no clue how i can make these smoke detectors talk to openHAB and what would be possible events to communicate. My wish would be to forward alerts in case of smoke/fire separated by room and alerts for low battery.
I know that buying more suitable detectors would be the easiest way but:
- they were expensive and i do have 12 pcs running
- they were the only choice that was accepted by my significant other (in optical appearance)
- they’re only 2 years old so still 8 years for replacment
What do i need to get them talking to openHAB?
Thanx a lot in advance for your help, Ivo