Interest in a homeduino binding

Hi there,
can anyone tell me wich wheaterstation supports the protocoll “weather1”?

Thanks!
Karl Heinz

There are some license issues :frowning:

So one thing we could do is start the permission asking to all colaborators and think of a great way to share the reverse engineered protocols.

If you can help me/us out with the discussion, ideas or work you are more then welcome.

would it be possible to send raw data with that binding?

Hi,

any news in this Project?

I actually have an Pimatic environment and my complete light control is based on 433Mhz with Homeduino.
Now I am thinking about moveing to OpenHAB, because I have som eq3 Max! devices and the Max!/Homematic integration in Pimatic isn’t very good.

Greetings
Tobias

I spent most my openHAB time on PR stuff instead of working on this, so there is an experimental binding with some support.

But there are some potential licensing issues which have to be cleared, see my last message. If you have some great ideas or time to help solve them that is of course welcome :slight_smile:

@martinvw any news on this? I’ve seen that there’s no answer on the GitHub Issue.

No news and indeed no answer there on that issue.

Thanks for the answer. That’s really sad. I think your binding would be a valuable plus for openHAB.
Let us know if there’s some movement in the future.

Hopefully,

Partovic :slight_smile:

Hi @martinvw

I just started with openhab2 and I was very delighted with this binding, because I was using Pimatic before. I am trying to add a tag via the openrest api; is it possible to add tags? I keep getting this eror-message:

Trying on this item:

"link": "http://xxx/rest/items/homeduino_switch4_8dc84211_4_31_command",
"state": "NULL",
"type": "Switch",
"name": "homeduino_switch4_8dc84211_4_31_command",
"label": "Command",
"tags": [],
"groupNames": []

curl -X PUT --header “Content-Type: application/json” --header “Accept: application/json” “http://xxx/rest/items/homeduino_switch4_8dc84211_4_31_command/tags/switchable

Result:

Response Body
no content
Response Code
Response Headers
{
“content-length”: “0”,
“server”: “Jetty(9.3.22.v20171030)”,
“content-type”: null
}

Also, pasting http://xxx/rest/items/homeduino_switch4_8dc84211_4_31_command/tags/switchable gives the same result.

Is it a bug, or is it just me? :slight_smile:

Hey, do you think it’s possible that you share your binding with us via github? I’m very interested in being able to receive and send raw output. This way I could integrate some “unknown protocol” devices.

It is:

But the legal concerns are still not completely out of the way and the code needs a lot of love before being ready and mergable.

Thanks! Had my first try with Binding development today. I implemented Switch14 based on rfcontroljs. I think I did it right (:D) but I didn’t manage to get maven to package it. I tells me that some dependencies where not found. Saw a few threads here where people had the same issues. But there was no solution. So I just could verify it on my development machine which actually has no transceiver.

Very sad that there is no progress / answers from the contributors… Any tips?

Dumped the idea of implementing shutter14 due to the legal concerns. But i’ve implemented a channel called “Send raw command” to your bridge. This channel allows the user to send a message that has been received by the bridge. I forked your repo and after I did some cleanup, I will create a PR if that is ok for you?

Do you think its a good idea to create another channel that gets triggered when the bridge receives a message? This way its easier to grab raw messages.