IOS 2.1 Release and Project Update

that might actually explain why i cant get spotify playlists showing on habpanel on my ipad!

Please have a look at latest beta via TestFlight. Please report 2.2.37 whether addresses your issues.

In the morning it worked. I was able to view my Spotify playlists in the app.
However now, when a music is playing if I open the app and scroll to these items, right when it should render it crashes. The only difference now is that an active device is selected, so it should show the device name next to the item.

Thank you for the feedback. I have been experimenting with the avmfritz binding that implements a type of dynamic mapping. Apparently there are others.
I have installed Spotify binding and identified a bug. Please try TestFlight version 2.2.41

It seems working now, thanks!

Try this @ei_Gelb_Geek and @Gad_Ofir it’s even simpler
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/bdf7b90a39834bde8bd9b5e0b98f7c74
If you first add it will automatically ask you for your openhab instance name and the item name. After that you have a ready to go on/off shortcut widget. (You have to scroll to the bottom and tap add untrusted shortcut, than it asks you)
Maybe useful and saves time.
Best regards Johannes

3 Likes

Hi thanks i will give this a try once i will have IOS 12+ right now still on 11 (for JB)

It seems that apple removed the option for untrusted shortcuts a few days ago.

How to make this a trustee shortcut ?

Nice idea! Is ist possible to make it a trusted shortcut?
I can not find any setting on my phone to accept untrusted shortcuts.

Have a nice evening!

Have a look here

Some people had to add and run another shortcut for the setting to appear in settings/shortcuts.
Johannes
Edit:
It definitely works for me, just tried it on a device running 13.1.3

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you! Works like a charm!
Is this also possible to adapt for a dimmer?

1 Like

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/9cb710f768094c60a12ab08740b3ad65
Updated it so it asks you if it’s a Switch or Dimmer when adding. If you change the pre input Switch to Dimmer it will add an entry to the Menu were you can input a dimmer value.
Johannes

1 Like

@JGKK I am stuck on iOS 12.1 for the moment and it won’t accept shortcuts from a later version

Any chance of you posting a couple of screenshots of that shortcut?

What if I need to send a command which is just a number and not a switch and not a dimmer ?

I think this is getting quite off topic for the purpose of this thread :see_no_evil: but you can send any command you want to the rest api. So you can just go into the shortcut and adapt the text blocks within the menu item to anything you need as those are the commands being send to Openhab and than rename the menu entries accordingly

As already suggested in the Github project.
It would be really cool to let the iOS app send device data to openHAB.
Like the battery status/level and location.

I thought this might be interesting as we had the siri shortcut discussion here. @Lukie just posted a great tutorial on how to make shortcuts work outside of your own network:
Sending commands to REST API via Siri Shortcuts whilst outside of LAN
Johannes

1 Like

I can confirm that the dynamic mapping issue is also fixed for the Squeezebox binding when using the latest 2.2.47 on TestFlight.

1 Like

Has anyone implemented a habpanel link yet???

What should a link to the Habpanel within the native app be good for?