IOS 2.1 Release and Project Update

Okay… but here is the iOS App … not a happanel App?

Did you go to Toyota and tell them that Ferrai is the One and Only?

I think you don‘t understand that openhab is a Project of many developer… The iOS App and Habpanel are two different things. The Android App is not the same as the iOS App.

1 Like

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

I understand very well what openhab is thank you Kevin. What you don’t understand is that SOME people have a desire to use the IOS app to access HabPanel , maybe you don’t.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

This totally useless in context of the iOS app as @ei_Gelb_Geek clearly explains. What you would need to make is a habpanel “webview” wrapper app.

1 Like

@dastrix80 I’ve seen your feature request on GitHub. Wouldn’t a bookmark added to the home screen accomplish pretty much the same thing?

I’m not using HabPanel myself, so maybe I’m missing the point…

hi weakfl, absolutely that would do. Just SOME ability to open HabPanel in the app, that’s all. Fairly easy request, if I knew how to write code I’d do it myself and offer it.

if the Android app has it, I dont see why its such an issue to have it in IOS.

Useless to you. wrapper, bookmark, link whatever - how its done is irrelevant to a user.

@dastrix80 I was referring to the iOS home screen, not the app. What I meant was adding a Safari bookmark to your home screen.

1 Like

Android and iOS are completely different environments. Odds are that the implementation may hugely differ in either environment due to these differences.

No … the iOS App use the RestAPI … that’s completely different to the HabPanel…

The Android App is not the same as the iOS App …

I try to explain it to you with an example. A Toyota is a car, a Dacia is also a car. The Toyota has electric windows, just because both are a car, it is not easily possible to install electric windows on the Dacia.

A good Reference for Swift is:

Don’t forget that this is not a Commercial Project! I have the feeling that you are demanding and demanding. The developer don’t get any money for there work you don’t pay for anything.

3 Likes

My general question is why does one need a ui on a regular basis? Generally speaking I have my system setup to be highly automated. I use alarms for temp sensors and voltages so I don’t need to look on any regular basis.

Only time I use the ui is every few weeks when I want an outdoor light turned on:off due to me being outdoors doing something. A simple sitemap works great for this.

1 Like

Dimming a light, checking OctoPrint, watching camera feed, etc…

Also I don’t really get that I have made a panel for a wall mounted tablet, but that doesn’t even look good on a mobile phone…
So I think the next demand would be to somehow the iOS app should magically resize the layout to fit a mobile screen…

That doesn’t work correctly when accessing it remotely because it doesnt save the credentials like the app does when use openhab cloud (not myopenhab.org). Works fine if you VPN in first or have direct access to the URL. It’s not a solution.

or you can use nginx as a reverse proxy with client certificate authentication. Then you don’t need credentials (although I appreciate the setup is a bit fiddly).

+1 for habpanel in iOS app.
No use for the app without it

1 Like