iOS app for OH3?

What happens after the 90 days test period? Will the app still work?

Normally, there will be a new Testflight version or better, a working release.

Ok, the iOS shortcuts issue can be discussed here, I already started a thread about this some months ago:

Same problem with iOS shortcuts for me too. Everything else is working

When connected remotely, mjpeg streams and Grafana charts are not displayed.
I’m using local IP addresses in MainUI assuming the processing is done in the local network by the openhab instance.
With the sitemap in OH2 local IP addresses were ok for the mjpeg streams. I haven’t used Grafana back then.
Anyone having the same issue?

Well, no responses so far…

Does anyone of you use local IP addresses such as 192.168.x.x in MainUI?
If so, does it work when connected remotely with the iOS app?

Thank you.

I use an ip for local connection and myopenhab for remote.
Works with actual TestFlight version.
Only the iOS shortcuts are still broken for me.

I had some issues accepring the solution,but finally could do this today. It is not working on iOS devices :thinking:

But still three backers would need to confirm, so please guys, confirm the soution so the money can be claimed…

1 Like

It can also be claimed after two weeks of inactivity of backers which should soon be reached anyway.

Yes their website is awful, I also had massive problems with the registration from an iPhone… Maybe the new web app can solve this whenever it will be in place…

1 Like

for me it’s okay. sometimes hangs in black screen, but if i terminte the app and reopen it, it works again.

thanks!

The latest Testflight version sets MainUI as the default view on startup :blush:

Not exactly, on first start yes, but it will remember your last view, which will be opened on further starts. There is also an option under settings for that, so you can set an individual page to open.

1 Like

Yep! Getting really happy with it :slight_smile:

My Main ui view seems to reload three times after I start the app since the last update. Do you experience the same behaviour?

No, starting fine here.

It’s also not doing it everytime… maybe it happens due to bad wifi signal. It’s just not as seamless as with the android app but it reloads the page completely. It’s not a big issue though, the controls are working fine

Edit: it’s definitely the weak wifi signal on my terrace so never mind…

1 Like

… need to get clarity regarding some problems with remote connection using iOS App!

openHAB 3.3.0 stable
iOS app: 2.4.52 (Testflight)

Not sure this is a “Config”, “MainUI” or “iOS App” issue.

Example:

Video stream in Basic UI sitemap:

Video url="http://user:pwd@192.168.0.15:80/video2.mjpg" encoding="mjpeg"

This is working both in local network AND remotely via myopenhab.org

Video stream in MainUI via image card and ipcamera binding, since Video card with mjpeg doesn’t work in MainUI:

http://192.168.0.13:8080/ipcamera/192168015/ipcamera.mjpeg

This is only working in local network BUT NOT remotely via myopenhab.org

Same issue with Grafana using Webframe card in MainUI…

http://192.168.0.13:3000/d-solo/4OdYJNbMk/energie-pv-haus?orgId=1&refresh=1m&theme=light&{period}&panelId=2

This is only working in local network BUT NOT remotely via myopenhab.org

Any idea why this is not working remotely - especially since my first example (Basic UI) works locally and remotely?

Hope someone can advise.

If this is not a iOS app issue, I’m happy to open a new thread for this :grinning:

edit:
new topic created as advised by @hmerk

Does not matter if it is an App issue or not, you should open a new topic for that.

Is there a chance we will get the „write to nfc tag“ feature for the iOS app like it is available for Android?

Please open a feature request at the iOS app repo. This might be a better way to reach the devs.