iOS app for OH3?

Not exactly, on first start yes, but it will remember your last view, which will be opened on further starts. There is also an option under settings for that, so you can set an individual page to open.

1 Like

Yep! Getting really happy with it :slight_smile:

My Main ui view seems to reload three times after I start the app since the last update. Do you experience the same behaviour?

No, starting fine here.

It’s also not doing it everytime… maybe it happens due to bad wifi signal. It’s just not as seamless as with the android app but it reloads the page completely. It’s not a big issue though, the controls are working fine

Edit: it’s definitely the weak wifi signal on my terrace so never mind…

1 Like

… need to get clarity regarding some problems with remote connection using iOS App!

openHAB 3.3.0 stable
iOS app: 2.4.52 (Testflight)

Not sure this is a “Config”, “MainUI” or “iOS App” issue.

Example:

Video stream in Basic UI sitemap:

Video url="http://user:pwd@192.168.0.15:80/video2.mjpg" encoding="mjpeg"

This is working both in local network AND remotely via myopenhab.org

Video stream in MainUI via image card and ipcamera binding, since Video card with mjpeg doesn’t work in MainUI:

http://192.168.0.13:8080/ipcamera/192168015/ipcamera.mjpeg

This is only working in local network BUT NOT remotely via myopenhab.org

Same issue with Grafana using Webframe card in MainUI…

http://192.168.0.13:3000/d-solo/4OdYJNbMk/energie-pv-haus?orgId=1&refresh=1m&theme=light&{period}&panelId=2

This is only working in local network BUT NOT remotely via myopenhab.org

Any idea why this is not working remotely - especially since my first example (Basic UI) works locally and remotely?

Hope someone can advise.

If this is not a iOS app issue, I’m happy to open a new thread for this :grinning:

edit:
new topic created as advised by @hmerk

Does not matter if it is an App issue or not, you should open a new topic for that.

Is there a chance we will get the „write to nfc tag“ feature for the iOS app like it is available for Android?

Please open a feature request at the iOS app repo. This might be a better way to reach the devs.

Do we still need to have text based sitemaps for watch?

Yes, I only use text-bases basicUI sitemaps.

Well I don’t - I use the interface - does anyone know if you can have one of each?

Does anyone have any example watch sitemap files they can share?

I don‘t know whom to thank in the end, but after having used the iOS App for over a year now for push notifications (and the unfortunate need to build text-based sitemaps to have some sort of access), I was really happy to see that remote Main UI access without the need to re-enter a password every time now works as well. :slight_smile:

So thanks a lot to everyone involved. :grinning:

4 Likes

Same from /me :pray:

2 Likes

After some weeks of using the updated app I noticed / reported what I believe is a bug if the App has been minimized and put to sleep by iOS.

When this is the case, there is a need to “force close” and restart the app (because otherwise Main UI pages remain blank and graph pages remain empty).

If someone has an idea, let me know.

I have seen this as well, and will take a look, have no ideal why the Web UI becomes blank in this scenario , very strange.

Here’s a pro tip, even when you don’t see a menu button to pop the right menu open, you can always drag your finger from the right of the device left and it will open the menu in any view in the app. I was thinking about putting a little visual indicator that the menu can be dragged out, but did not get around to doing it.

Clicking the “Home” button again will force the web app to reload.

hmm, actually this looks interesting, i wonder if IOS is killing the webview process after some amount of time when dormant

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/webkit/wknavigationdelegate/1455639-webviewwebcontentprocessdidtermi

I only use the UI for my watch. (And I have really enjoyed this functionality)

I’m not sure what you mean? You are not using a sitemap?

Sorry for the confusion. I use the UI to created the Sitemap for my Apple Watch. I don’t use the textual files.