Ip Camera Binding Poll Time

Dear all,

i have some trouble with the Poll Time of an image, the default is set to 1000 which should be updated every second. The Point is the Image is updated every 10 Seconds.

UID: ipcamera:generic:5590f48d61
  pollTime: 1000

if i set it to 2000 the log says:

2023-01-22 09:13:02.346 [WARN ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The Image channel is set to update more often than 8 seconds. This is not recommended. The Image channel is best used only for higher poll times. See the readme file on how to display the cameras picture for best results or use a higher poll time.

2023-01-22 09:13:02.446 [WARN ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The Image channel is set to update more often than 8 seconds. This is not recommended. The Image channel is best used only for higher poll times. See the readme file on how to display the cameras picture for best results or use a higher poll time.

2023-01-22 09:13:02.453 [WARN ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The Image channel is set to update more often than 8 seconds. This is not recommended. The Image channel is best used only for higher poll times. See the readme file on how to display the cameras picture for best results or use a higher poll time.

2023-01-22 09:13:02.531 [WARN ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The Image channel is set to update more often than 8 seconds. This is not recommended. The Image channel is best used only for higher poll times. See the readme file on how to display the cameras picture for best results or use a higher poll time.

2023-01-22 09:13:02.550 [WARN ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The Image channel is set to update more often than 8 seconds. This is not recommended. The Image channel is best used only for higher poll times. See the readme file on how to display the cameras picture for best results or use a higher poll time.

2023-01-22 09:13:02.655 [WARN ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The Image channel is set to update more often than 8 seconds. This is not recommended. The Image channel is best used only for higher poll times. See the readme file

Could some help me?

Regards
Simon

Not sure. I think the message refers to this part of the bindings docs:>

If your camera has a snapshot URL, provide it to the binding via the config called snapshotUrl after first testing the URL in any browser. When using FFmpeg instead of a provided URL to create snapshots, it requires more CPU that you can turn on and off via the pollImage channel using a switch or rule.

Snapshots generated by FFmpeg use the key frames (iFrames) to lower the CPU load, and since some cameras only produce a key frame every 2+ seconds with their default settings, this will effect how often a snapshot is produced. Some cameras allow the key frame to be created every second or a different amount by the user, refer to your cameras manual and support on how to do this.

Which brand and model of ipcam do you use ?

Hi Wolfgang, here is the Thing:

UID: ipcamera:generic:5590f48d61
label: RTSP/HTTP IP Camera
thingTypeUID: ipcamera:generic
configuration:
  mjpegOptions: -q:v 5 -r 2 -vf scale=640:-2 -update 1
  ipAddress: 192.168.101.215
  mjpegUrl: ffmpeg
  updateImageWhen: "1"
  gifPreroll: 0
  ffmpegLocation: /usr/bin/ffmpeg
  ipWhitelist: DISABLE
  mp4OutOptions: -c:v copy -c:a copy
  pollTime: 1000
  password: <password>
  port: 80
  snapshotUrl: ffmpeg
  snapshotOptions: -an -vsync vfr -q:v 2 -update 1
  ffmpegInput: rtsp://192.168.101.215:554/user=admin&password=<password>&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=500
  gifOutOptions: -r 2 -filter_complex
    scale=-2:360:flags=lanczos,setpts=0.5*PTS,split[o1][o2];[o1]palettegen[p];[o2]fifo[o3];[o3][p]paletteuse
  hlsOutOptions: -strict -2 -f lavfi -i aevalsrc=0 -acodec aac -vcodec copy
    -hls_flags delete_segments -hls_time 2 -hls_list_size 4
  username: admin

It is a Steinel L620 CAM, from the FFMPEG Stream it is refreshed every Second, and the cam only provide the RTSP Stream as far as i know.

Thanks
Simon

Does this URL work to get a snapshot ?
http://192.168.101.215/webcapture.jpg?command=snap&channel=0

http://192.168.101.215:8008/webcapture.jpg?command=snap&channel=0

Unfortunately i cant access the CAM on Port 80, and i tested it also on all nmap visible ports.

From the docs i thought i would get the snapshot from RTSP stream, it seems to work so i get a picture but it is refreshed every 10 sec.