iPhone Locator Binding

My programmer friend finished the Mojio binding so I am going to have him write an iphone binding this week. I ping iCloud every 30 sec, so I like the binding approach better.

Even better

@sipvoip any news on this?

Still working on it.

Thanks @alex_bartis for finding pyicloud. I am new to openhab and was looking for iphone locator binding when i came across your post and believe me it is awesome. I wrote a simple python code to use pyicloud api to login to my icloud account once and then check for location every 10 mins (by adding time.sleep(3600)) in an infinite loop. This way, apple sends email only first time when i start my code.

@chinthan_yr That’s exactly what I did :slight_smile: iPhone locator bridge/binding or however you like to call it

@sipvoip Hi! How is your work?

The developer is making progress, but I had to have him go back to Moj.io to fix a few things because they changed their API a bit. I hope to have a binding for testing in a few weeks, note this will be 1.8 binding since I have no plans to ever migrate to OpenHab 2.

Cool, 1.8 is great!

Any update on this?

/Mike

@sipvoip Hello again! How’s progress?

@sipvoip Hi! Kindly what is on your way locating iPhone?

My programmer ended up being tied up with work and said he did not have the opportunity to work on it. Know of any OpenHab programmers for hire?

Unfortunately, I have no OpenHab programmers around me (

Found a new Java programmer, hope to have something soon.

Great to hear! Wish you luck!

Hello, friend! How are you! How is the progress?

Did anything ever happen with this binding? Would be great to know before i go down the owntracks path.

Any news ?

update