iRobot 9xx on openHAB

just wanted to drop that i am now succesfully run 980, e5 and i7 with this binding, only problem was with the i7 password, see above

@Dibbler42, did you get the problem solved? I have the same issue (and the behaviour is different from the manual, so I wonā€™t using any python script right nowā€¦)

Not soveld until now. maybe i find time in the next days.

Merry XMAS!

@alacard (and others) 3.0 source code is now in official 3.0 bindings tree. Itā€™s the same code as in my 2.x development repo, just adjusted for 3.0

you press and hold home and spot, wifi icon and sound come up? maybe the ip changed?

Reset roomba completly, but still get the connection refused.

Maybe it will work next Year :slight_smile:

Happy new year everybody,

iā€™ve reworked a binding a little bit. Iā€™ve implemented support for I7: password fetching shall work now, but i havenā€™t tested it now! Additionally, i organised channels to groups and implemented support for more commands. For example, itā€™s now possible to modify scheduler timestamps for Roomba 980. Scheduler for Roomba I7 is a more tricky and canā€™t be modified for now. I havenā€™t updated the documentation now, since i have no plans to raise a pull-request to official repository. The code can be found here. Prebuild version of the binding can be found here.

Happy new yeare also to you.
I have same issue as rest of the guys. irobot 3.0.0 binding doesnā€™t work on OH3 (cannot connect to my roomba). I would like to try your binding, but not able to install it. I downloaded jar file (btw, prebuild version link is wrong in your post). Moved to /usr/share/openhab/addons, but nothing happened. As I understand, bindings should install automaticaly from that location. So, Iā€™m not sure what I did wrong. Any advice welcomed. Thanks

as i understand manual addons need OH to restart to be loaded

after that you need the ip and when the thing is created, the button combo for the password - or with i7 another way to get the password

Addons should install automaticaly afrer moveing to correct directory. But I also tried to reboot OH, with same result. I know IP and pwd, because old binding worked fine on OH, the issue is, that binding doesnā€™t install.

is this a ā€œnewā€ OH3.0 install?
even though it is not mentioned, to my knowledge, it also needs the mqtt binding to work

Yes. I still have one OH2 running on separate raspberry. Now I would like to migrate to OH3, so I started from scratch with fresh install on another raspberry. Once everything will work, Iā€™ll move it.

make sure to disable the local connection between the roomba and oh2.5, there is ONLY 1 connection possible.

Hi @YogiBB,
Yeah, thanks. Iā€™ve fixed the link. Missing mqtt - binding may be also error source. Manual installation will not install requiered dependencies :frowning:

Kind regards,

Alexander

Hi @falkena,
Thanks for fixing the link. It looks I downloaded correct one. About the mqtt binding, should I have also some newer version? Iā€™m currently using MQTT 3.0.0. Iā€™m not sure if I missed some step, but your binding wonā€™t install automaticaly after moving to /usr/share/openhab/addons directory.

Hi @YogiBB,

I run on 3.0 release too. I think, mqtt from release is good enough
EDIT: Additionally i deinstalled 3.0 binding bevore.

Kind regards,

Alexander

My fault. I was looking into installed bindings and there wansā€™t irobot, but It was installed, because when I tried to add new thing, it was there. So, binding is installed, but it behaves same as 3.0.0 for me. Cannot connect to roomba. I have good IP and pwd, because it was working on OH2. I have roomba 960.

Greetings,

i hacked around a little bit and implemented map support. There is new map channel in a mission group available:

Image  RoombaMap   "Map"        { channel="irobot:roomba:Roomba:mission#map" }

The code can be found here . Prebuild version of the binding can be found here .

Greetings,

Alexander.

3 Likes

i still run 3.0.0 and the binding through internal binding search, i am missing rssi, snr and power boost options - at least these are the ones i used - did that change?

@falkena,

I am stoked to have the Roomba Map support with my 980, in addition to all the new channels! So I pulled down your latest prebuilt version of the binding, but unfortunately was unable to get it working after trying everything I could think of. Basically with the latest official build (v3.0.1) everything works as expected via automatic discovery. Following the bindings documentation, simply holding the Roombaā€™s Home button for 2 seconds and it goes ONLINE with the password field filled in. I copied the network address and password, and attempted to setup v3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.

So I uninstalled v3.0.1, put the latest JAR into the addons folder, cleared openHABā€™s caches, and restarted. Then double checked that only the latest versions of the irobot binding was enabled via ā€˜openhab-cli consoleā€™ and ā€˜list -s | grep irobotā€™ too.

Discovery did successfully find the Roomba on my network with the SNAPSHOT version, however configuring the Thing doesnā€™t seem to work correctly ATM. Via automatic discovery, after adding it from the Inbox, the Thing state gets stuck at ā€œCONFIGURATION PENDINGā€, but it couldnā€™t pull in the password automatically when pressing the Home button for 2 secondsā€¦ I then tried deleted everything (Thing/Links/Items), and retrying multiple times - same issue. Next, I tried to manually add the Thing using the same IP/Password in the Thingā€™s configuration. It would go ONLINE at that point, however none of the channel/item states were getting updated with real values - all UNDEFINED.

So I reverted back to v3.0.1, and automatic discovery or even manually adding the Roomba worked just as expected, all item states were updated to correct values, and the auto detected IP/Password was the same I tried using with v3.1.0-SNAPSHOTā€¦

Iā€™ve included the interesting log snippets below for your reference when trying to setup the latest version.

Best regards,

2021-03-08 19:42:43.476 [INFO ] [.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '10.0.XXX.XXX' with clientid 3117850851711XXX
2021-03-08 19:42:45.643 [WARN ] [.incoming.MqttIncomingPublishService] - No publish flow registered for MqttStatefulPublish{stateless=MqttPublish{topic=wifistat, payload=160byte, qos=AT_MOST_ONCE, retain=false}, packetIdentifier=-1, dup=false, topicAlias=0, subscriptionIdentifiers=[]}.
2021-03-08 19:47:17.815 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'irobot:roomba:10_0_XXX_XXX' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING)