iRobot 9xx on openHAB

Thanks for answer, installing first bundle succeeded, second one failed, I will try with downloading. But still don’t get, if any @falkena build works with 3.1 m3 milestone.

they this url Central Repository: org/openpnp/opencv/4.5.1-2 and select the file to download, you can try that

did you also added the 2 required files/addon to work? there’s 2 way you can add them via openhab console with command (if you using dockers not the best way because it dont survive a upgrade/update)

I did add them now, restarted openhab but there’s the same error again.

@theJakobcraft I’m on OH 3.1.0 Build 2336, iRobot 980, RPi, falkena build (thanks @alacard ) started working with my set-up after i issued a feature:install openhab-transport-mqtt.
Actually quite like this binding now that i can see it.

Hello everybody, after long time i’ve decided to raise some PR’s for this binding. The first one is on the road:
[WIP] [irobot] Fix password discovery and command sending for Roomba I-Models. by falkena · Pull Request #10592 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub Is it possible to get it tested, please? Change - Log:

1. Fix password fetching for Roomba I-Series and Braava M-Series
  2. Fix command send regression

Attention: The binding configuration was changed, since i plan to raise extending PR’s. That some features from my fork get into official release. Testing jar can be found under https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/files/6379158/org.openhab.binding.irobot-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.zip Please, be sure to unzip it. The thing configuration can be found here: openhab-addons/README.md at bd7a0f155835d4371d619e89447536b3e32d7475 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

I’ll remove WIP label after feedback, that i can ensure there are no new bugs are get in. My quick-tests were OK so far.

Greetings,

Alexander

@falkena great thanks!. Test jar installed and ran out of the box provided i did not change Robot Id. Debian VM running OH3.1.0 Snapshot #2350 Roomba i980. :+1:

Thanks @rb44 :slight_smile: Anybody else?

1 Like

@falkena I just tested it and everything works fine for me.
Even the MQTT Problem is solved and I am able to send commands again :slight_smile:
Great job :+1:

Unfortunately it did not work for me. >Cleaned the cache in openhab, droped the binding in addon folder. Igor was discovered but no password is discovered automatically.
Latest message is:

Error message changes

Hi @Dibbler42 ,
it’s hard to say something useful without some extra information… Is mqtt binding active? Manual drop into addon folder will not activate dependencies. Is password here? Password can be fetched from robot only, if (in most cases) home button was pressed. Is the blid parameter filled? What robot model we are talking about? Is it possible to get a screenshot of parameters via PM? There shall be 4: address, family, blid and password.

Greetings,

Alexander.

Hi @falkena,

thanks for your feedback.

• mqtt binding is active
  • password is not discovered
  • blid is filled
  • model: roomba 980

What are the dependencies. should be no problem to check that in karaf and install them. Unfortunately i did not see any information about it. Screenshot is on the way via pm

Thanks
Thomas

Wow the evolution of this thread is impressive. i started it in 2016 with a link to the first library and now we have a binding with lots of feature.

Thank to all contributors

Thomas

bundle:install https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/locationtech/jts/jts-core/1.18.1/jts-core-1.18.1.jar
bundle:install https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/openpnp/opencv/4.5.1-2/opencv-4.5.1-2.jar

@alacard Thanks, unfortunately that changed nothing

hmm, another user said they was able to fix a problem similar to yours by using this command and restarting openhab

feature:install openhab-transport-mqtt

mqtt transport is already installed and openhab is restarted as well.

Thanks for the hint

Now I installed everything you said I should install.
But there are more errors…
grafik

I hope you can help me with this…

Hi @theJakobcraft ,

try to install jsonpath 2.5.0 and maybe the dependencies of. Please, be sure, that binding only aquire the connection to robot: at least the error message can come the case of multiple ones. As far i’ve seen, last app versions connect to robot via mqtt, if mobile phone is in the same network.

Greetings,

Alexander

Thank you @falkena. The Roomba now works.
Another Question: Is the Roomba Combo also supported?