Irrigation control - water valve?

Here’s my take on OpenHAB Irrigation Automation. I’ve tweaked the Spilota approach of referencing recent past & predicted weather. To that I added final control based on the reading of a home made soil moisture sensor (instead of various timers)

My version uses a Gateway <-> Node approach, but probably could be adapted to an ESP8266 wifi node. See this thread about using & calibrating the soil moisture sensor node. See this thread about irrigation automation that uses the weather data AND the soil moisture sensor node.

Can Rachio or RainMachine be paired with OpenHAB? I’ve tried doing so but failed for unknown reasons.

If anyone has succeed in the pairing process, please, guide me through it. :yum:

Hi Spilota

I tried to set up your way of doing irrigation control with openhab. But I have some difficulties.
I can successfully control the ESP8266 manually with the buttons on the sitemap you have on github.
But with the irrigation program it doesn’t work. I think there is a problem with the irrigation.rules.
First of all I always had an error in the log which was saying:

2018-10-30 22:12:36.523 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule ‘ScheduleProgramA’: The name ‘sendTweet’ cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 203, column 3, length 96

I got rid of that by commenting the sendTweet in the irrigation.rules file with // out.

But it still doesn’t work. In the log I can find:
11-30 22:58:34.009 [INFO ] [rthome.model.script.ScheduleProgramA] - Running Program A Scheduler
2018-11-30 22:58:34.021 [INFO ] [rthome.model.script.ScheduleProgramA] - Scale Factor: 0
2018-11-30 22:58:34.042 [INFO ] [rthome.model.script.ScheduleProgramA] - Start Time: 2018-11-30T22:59:00.000+01:100:

But no command is sent to the ESP8266

Any idea?

Thanks

The sendTweet will not work unless you have the binding installed and configured.

It looks like the scale factor is set to 0. Try setting to 100%.

hi Spilota

my mqtt server requiers a username and password but i have not been sucessful in adding that to the mqtt client i am quite new in arduino and so