Is here anyone using Volumio?

I will stop my work on the volumio binding for now… Just received a Sonos Play:1.

That’s a shame really. Are you planning to at least submit the working part of the Binding as a PR? Would be sad to let all the work go to waste… :frowning:

1 Like

Yep. Sorry for that. But it was really fun to work with openhab in that kind of way.

I guess there was just 2 users of this binding, so no big deal.

But it took me some time to get to this point. I will try to clean it up and document all parts. Will take some time.

2 Likes

add me to the userbase also… that makes us 3 … =)

:slight_smile: okok I will try to update my source to the final oh2 release this weekend…

3 Likes

If you finish it I will use it too! :smile:

+1 for volumio binding.

Currently running moode on a spare Pi but would revert to Volumio if binding does not work on moode, although I have a feeling it will. I will try it and let you know,

Stuart

I´ve just had a look at the moodeaudio… Just a question, is it fork of Volumio 2? The binding communicates with the websockets of volumio to establish an event based communication. The implementation is rather specific to volumio…

You can add me too … I assume your binding is working?

I guess it works with oh 2 final… But I will need to do some testing this weekend…

Ok just started to work on it… but it will take me a bit longer… need to update my repository to the latest release…

Removed the experimental stuff and need to fix some sporadic disconnects/timeouts… but it´s working.

You can install the current release like this…

1. ssh into you openhab session
  2. From Karaf console run install https://github.com/patrickse/openhab2-addons/releases/download/SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.volumio2-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
  3. The Console will show you a bundle id as response after the installation finished. (for example Bundle ID: 207) Use this bundle id and start the bundle. Run on the Karaf console start 207.
  4. Wait a few seconds and search for new things. It should list all your volumio devices in your network.
  5. Please give me feedback…
2 Likes

I can confirm it is working. Added the binding yesterday - Thanks for your work!

:)… Sounds good… please keep an eye on the thing state… it looks like it´s sometimes loosing the connection to volumio. I will need to do some more testing on this.

HI, I am using this binding to control to volumio2 players on RPI. when I try to connect to one of them, the other disconnects and shows “OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR”. Any idea?

Regards,
Peter

@patrickse do you plan to submit a pull request to openhab2-addons repository? I’m sure there’s more people willing to test your binding :slight_smile:
Plus, there’s a chance someone else might join you and contribute to the codebase as well.
Cheers

1 Like

I´ve been away for a few days… sorry for the late response

@petervk
I will have a look this weekend and try to check where it could break. I do not actually have more then one volumio client at the moment. So I will need to mock such an environment.

@kubawolanin
I really would like to push it to the main repository. But it´s not documented in a way that would satisfy the contribution rules at the moment. I am really short of time atm and I will try to push it further, but feel free to create pull-requests against my repo.

1 Like

It looks like there´s a major problem in my binding. It actually looks like it´s mixing up the two devices. I´ve created 2 vm with vm and started oh2. So there´s really a problem. I will try to fix it in the next days…

Thanks,

Looking forward to it.
Besides that problem it is working nicely.
Thanks already for the nice solution

Peter

1 Like

Hi patrickse,

this is something I´m really looking for.

Is your installation description from the 29.Jan still valid.

I will try it the next days,

Thank you for your work