Is my binding ready to push

Hi:

I’ve been working on an OpenHAB v2 binding for the cm11a controller. This is an old but popular controller for X10 devices. My binding is feature complete and has been tested by a couple of other users. I currently have it stored at https://github.com/BobRak/OpenHAB-cm11a.

I have read the Contribution guide lines and have a couple of questions about pushing. It is currently on a branch named 1566-cm11a. I just did a pull so the merge should be trivial. I have not written any unit tests since the binding largely interacts with the serial port.

Am I ready to push? And, do I leave it on the branch and then one to the committers will move it to master when it is ready? How do I inform OpenHAB it is ready for review? Re: “Add your name to the AUTHORS file”, what is this and where do I find it?

Thank you,

Bob Raker

Hi Bob,

sounds wonderful!

Am I ready to push?

Sounds like it!

do I leave it on the branch and then one to the committers will move it to master when it is ready?

You push your branch to your fork and you will see a “create pull request” button on github, which will create the PR against the official master.

How do I inform OpenHAB it is ready for review?

By creating the pull request.

what is this and where do I find it?

It’s right in the root of the repo. You don’t have to change it manually, though, I can also regenerate it from time to time.

Cheers,
Kai

1 Like