[SOLVED] Is Network UPS Tools binding available for 2.4?

In my addons, I only see the 1.13.0 version, but the page:

Network UPS tools

says this is obsolete. Is there a snapshot version stable enough to use with 2.4, or should I try the 1.13.0 version?

I’m running on a RPi 3.

By the way, I did find this post, but it doesn’t quite answer my question
https://community.openhab.org/t/network-ups-binding-fate-of-this-oh1-binding/74288

This question was answered in a different post, it is not availsble for 2.4 just 2.5.

1 Like

If you decide to upgrade OH to 2.5 and want the latest jar file you can find it here. This may be what comes with 2.5 but not sure.

1 Like

It’s merged now. You can install it from PaperUI or addons.cfg or however you install bindings. It is no longer required to download the jar file separately. And in fact the latest version of the binding going forward will no longer be available there.

The binding does require code that does not exist in OH 2.4 so you cannot run it on OH 2.4.

After 2.5 is released, I’ll be upgrading as soon as the RPi 4 can handle external booting. But for now, I’ll stick with my current 3.
Thanks for the reply.

@rlkoshak I have just one follow-up question after reading NUT 1.13 binding page:
Is there a mechanism through the binding to tell my RPi3 to power down, if the power has not returned before that UPS’s battery has run out, or should I use updates from the tools to make that decision?
Thanks.

You should install the NUT client on the RPI and configure that to do this for you. Don’t replace a great tool with OH just because you can. Shutting down machines automatically when the battery starts to run low is NUT’s main job. Let it do it’s job.

1 Like