Is OpenHab Dying?

It is worth noting that those corruption issues have not been a problem since 2.2 I think. And automatic backups of the jsondb have been around for around this amount of time easing the burden of dealing with corruption issues.

I’m not saying that you made a bad decision, but since OH 2.1 a lot of attention has been paid to these sorts of issues.

YAML is the front runner for the replacement of the current text config formats.

I bet a lot of folks would love a posting describing more about what you are doing. Sounds pretty awesome!

It depends on what your original problems where but there have been whole books written about presence detection and tons of improvement on that front since then. See Generic Presence Detection for a generic approach to presence detection and management.

The MQTT 2.5 M1 binding supports the Home Assistant MQTT standard for automatic discovery so I think this part is done.

What would you want from this integration? Lots of users here use Tasmota but this is the first request/idea I’ve seen with integrating it with OH.

I doubt anyone would see this as offensive in the least. It’s your personal experience and it seems well reasoned and described. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like