Is openHab suitable to manager multiples realms

Hello.

I am just rolling out my IoT service for monitoring of some industrial electric panels. I had built my own too basic web app to display the collected info and a history of events from each monitored panel. However it be better to me use a most professional web app like openHab, but a need to manage different realms, one for each “customer” and I want to know if openHab has authentication and autorization system to split users for each individual realm?

Best regards.

Hey well openhab is not a profesional system. It doesn’t even have a rbac but you are welcome to contribute.

You would need a separate OH instance for each “customer” as OH has no concept equivalent to a Realm.

If you were to use k8s, each customer would have a separate namespace, with an OH deployment, service, and ingress per namespace and rbac configured for each namespace.

This would allow you to have a multi-tenant saas.

Not exactly a hobbyist type of deployment.

Hello.

Thanks for your answer.

Kind regerds.

Hello Christopher.

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards.

Without more details about your exact requirements is hard to be specific, but OH is not a monitoring platform. I would probably have the devices send data to a time series DB such as influxdb (either direct or via a proxy) and then use grafana for visualizations. OH doesn’t really add anything here.

Hello Peter.

By monitoring, I mean receiving data through MQTT, maybe 4 lectures each minute and showing a graphic for each device. In addition, display the state of some switch, apply rules and send notifications; right now I use telegram to notify abnormal events. Also I need to display historical data.

Best regards.

Definitely doable:
openHAB + MQTT Binding + Telegram Binding.

Depending on your visualization requirements: add Grafana to the mix.