Is the ekey Binding supported any longer in OH2?

Hello all,

in the OpenHAB2 installation there is no ekey binding available neither V1 nor V2. Is this binding no longer supported?

From here, it looks to be installable under openHAB 2. I don’t know why you don’t see it in PaperUI. If you have openHAB 2 automatically install bindings, you could add ekey1 to the comma-separated binding = line in services/addons.cfg.

To add ekey1 to the bindings line does not help. It will not be installed. If I add another bindings here it will installed. I tried it with zwave.

15:18:13.985 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ExtensionEvent ] - Extension ‘binding-zwave’ has been installed.

Must I copy the bindings file for ekey to a directory?

I added it to features only two weeks ago (I’d forgotten about that :smile:), so the problem may just be that your distro isn’t recent enough. You could manually add the JAR to your addons folder, but updating to a recent OH2 snapshot might be a better long-term solution.

ah, good hint.

I’m on 2.0.0 stable. Should I update to 2.1.0 snapshot? or another version?

I don’t know a reason not to, but there could be reasons I don’t know! :smile:

I made a fresh installation of snapshot 2.1.0.

ekey does not exist in the list of available bindings.

If I copy org.openhab.binding.ekey-1.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to addons folder a error occurs:
15:56:58.633 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/C:/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.ekey-1.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Where should I copy the *.jar file of the ekey binding?

Has anyone an idea how to use a binding which is not in the kar-file?

To copy it ot the addons folder does not work.
15:56:58.633 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/C:/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.ekey-1.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

It ought to work. If you run openHAB in debug mode, the log might show more information that could help diagnose the issue.