Issue trying install OH 3.0 on Rpi OS

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4
    • Java Runtime Environment: No java install at that momment.
    • openHAB version: Still not installed , want 3.0
  • Issue of the topic:
    Hi, I bought Rpi 4 , and install Rpi 4 OS, previously I was with rpi3b+ , with Sim Card 32 GB, and IMG of OpenHab 2.4, I’ve been loking at alot of tutorial on the forum, on openhab, I’ve tried alot of thing, but it’s seems I don’t get something, as I understand, I need to install Openhab > Linux > .deb > Stable 3.0.1
    Because Rpi OS is .Deb Based on Linux, so the firsrt step is to install Java 11, so I choose Java Linux and then .deb , and install the .deb one (all others not work as well, .tag gz, .zip) and it’s not working, I get error while trying install it “Failed to install, a package could not be found” , what I am doing worng?

Thanks for any help!

The easiest way would be to install the openHABian image on the card. It is based on Raspberry Pi OS Lite (no GUI on the server, which is recommended).

This is what the OH documentation recommends. Did you check there before posting here?

I see alot using Rpi OS , and I’ve just came here to say that I sucssed install Java 11 on the Rpi OS, but why SD card like before it’s better? the RPI os is not recommanded?

openHABian is recommended because it easily installs Zulu Java 11, the recommended version, performs the expected default configuration, and offers easy installation of some common tools.

The installation documentation says

The Raspberry Pi as a minimal sufficient device is quite popular, especially as we offer a quick setup with openHABian.

and the openHABian documentation says

The Raspberry Pi is quite a famous platform for openHAB. However, setting up a fully working Linux system with all recommended packages and openHAB recommendations is a boring task, takes a lot of time and Linux newcomers are challenged in a number of ways although all they want is to run openHAB and not some server.

A home automation enthusiast doesn’t have to be a Linux enthusiast!

openHABian is a self-configuring Linux system setup to meet the needs of every openHAB user. It provides:

• Complete SD-card images pre-configured with openHAB for the Raspberry Pi line of SBCs
  • The openHABian configuration tool to set up and configure openHAB and many related things on any Debian based system

If it is not important enough to you to read the provided documentation, it is not important enough for us to help you.