Issue with AeonLabs DSB45 water sensor

Hi,

I’ve got an AeonLabs DSB45 water sensor which I’ve previously used successfully in Domoticz. I’ve successfully included it in OpenHab, but I can’t make it trigger - either basic set or alarm. I’m pretty sure it’s included because I can see log entries when I wake it up, and it’s sending periodic battery reports.

I’m not even sure where to begin debugging this. There is some confusion online about the meaning of the bits in parameter 121, but the official AeonLabs docs make it pretty clear.

I initially thought the definition in the database was wrong, but now I can see what it’s doing with the bitmasks, etc., it looks right. (As an aside, would it be less confusing simply to define 4 virtual parameters all mapped into 121 with bitmasks 0x0001, 0x0010, 0x0100 and 0x1000, rather than having the confusing situation we currently have?)

Any way, as I said, I’m not sure how to proceed. I have 121 set to send everything - basic set, alarms, and binary sensor - and I get nothing in OpenHab logs or UI.

Suggestions, please?

Thanks!

I don’t know this specific device but I do know that for a motion sensor I have I had to set the association groups for the various motion command classes to openHAB Controller before the Sensor Binary and Alarm command classes were received by OH. Beyond that all I can offer is good luck!

Set the zwave binding to DEBUG, then feed your log through the Log Viewer.

Awesome, thank you. I’ll give that a go and report back.