Issues adding GE z-wave Outlet

I would say yes, but can’t explain why the duplicate channels are still showing up OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database and they clearly have been removed.

Edit: I’m wondering if looking inside the jar file might provide a clue of some sort. How did you update the binding? Do you have a jar file in the addons folder or did you do a bundle:update 262 <location>?

Again, forgive the OH noob ignorance, but if I did either of those, it was abstracted from my view. For better or worse, I updated the binding by the app UI, which (for bindings) is essentially a remove/reinstall sequence with an experience much like installing a mobile app from an App Store. The net of that displayed a v3.4 of the binding.

In any case, I did later manage to get the OH 3.4 update deployed. The waters are still muddy on what precisely was critical to overall success on this issue, but the Thing is now being accepted without error, and it’s working as expected. I wish I could pinpoint the success factor on my end for posterity, but I think we can safely confirm that old binding was the apparent problem it’s respect to his device.

Thanks so much for your persistence. You’re an asset to the community. I hope to contribute more going forward as I learn the platform more deeply.

I know of no way to update the binding through the ui in the manner you did. I also do not know how that became labeled 3.4, but there is a lot I don’t know :wink:. Anyway the upgrade to all 3.4 is an acceptable and known way to get the latest 3.4 binding, so I think that is what fixed the issue, finally…