[SOLVED] Issues in rules after upgrading to #1518

Hi folks,

after upgrading to #1518 I see this error in my logs:

2019-02-09 11:41:18.040 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule 'Dishwasher Consumption State Machine': The name 'now' cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 48, column 74, length 3

2019-02-09 11:38:59.677 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Validation issues found in configuration model 'household-devices.rules', using it anyway:
The method averageSince(Item, Object, String) from the type PersistenceExtensions refers to the missing type Object
The method averageSince(Item, Object, String) from the type PersistenceExtensions refers to the missing type Object

here the rule:

// Dishwasher State Machine

rule "Dishwasher Consumption State Machine"
when
    Item Fibaro_Dishwasher_MeteredWallPlug_SensorPower changed or
    System started
then
    if(Fibaro_Dishwasher_MeteredWallPlug_SensorPower.state == NULL) {
        return;
    }
    else if (Fibaro_Dishwasher_MeteredWallPlug_SensorPower.state < 0.1) {
        Dishwasher_OpState.postUpdate("offline")
    }
    else if ((Fibaro_Dishwasher_MeteredWallPlug_SensorPower.averageSince(now.minusMinutes(2), "rrd4j") as Number) <= 1) {
        if (Dishwasher_OpState.state == "running" && dishwasherTrigger) {
            dishwasherTrigger = false
            var dish_message = "The dishwasher is reporting the program is now finished"
            sendMail("ariela@nesys.it", "Electrolux Dishwasher - FINISHED", dish_message)
            Dishwasher_OpState.postUpdate("standby")
        }
        else {
            Dishwasher_OpState.postUpdate("standby")
        }
    }
    else if ((Fibaro_Dishwasher_MeteredWallPlug_SensorPower.state > 1) && (Fibaro_Dishwasher_MeteredWallPlug_SensorPower.state < 3) && (Dishwasher_OpState.state == "standby")) {
        Dishwasher_OpState.postUpdate("programmed")
        dishwasherTrigger = true
    }
    else if (Fibaro_Dishwasher_MeteredWallPlug_SensorPower.state > 3) {
        Dishwasher_OpState.postUpdate("running")
    }
end

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Andrea

Occasionally, I saw similar errors; often I was able to resolve them by a couple of OH2 restarts.
I may be wrong, but I have the impression that for me these were triggered by rules loading before OH2 had finished initializing.
As the process of restarting a few times was rather unsatisfactory, I implemented this: Cleaning up the startup process / renaming rules (windows possible) and never seen this issue again. There are other ways to do this too that you can find searching the forum.
Hope this helps

Another issue like the previous one (maybe same root cause?)

Error:

2019-02-09 11:38:52.917 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Validation issues found in configuration model 'presence.rules', using it anyway:
The method createTimer(Object, Procedure0) from the type ScriptExecution refers to the missing type Object
The method lastUpdate(Item) from the type PersistenceExtensions refers to the missing type Object
The method lastUpdate(Item) from the type PersistenceExtensions refers to the missing type Object

presence.rules:

// Global variables

var Timer cameHomeTimer = null

// Presence (Away) IFTTT out

rule "Set Away"
when
    Member of gPIFTTT changed to OFF
then
    val setAway = gPIFTTT.members.filter[ a | a.state == OFF && a.name == triggeringItem.name].map[ name.replace("_Presence_IFTTT", "") ]

switch setAway {
        case setAway.get(0) == "Andrea": Andrea_Presence.sendCommand(OFF)
        case setAway.get(0) == "Cate": Cate_Presence.sendCommand(OFF)
    }
end

// Presence (Home) Unifi in

rule "Welcome home my dear"
when
    Member of gPhones changed to ON
then
    if(cameHomeTimer !== null) {
        return; // do nothing if there is already a Timer
    }
    logInfo("test", "Rule triggered by " + triggeringItem.name + " at " + now.toString)
    cameHomeTimer = createTimer(now.plusSeconds(5), [ |

val cameHome = gPhones.members.filter[ p | p.state == ON && (p.name == triggeringItem.name || (p.lastUpdate !== null && p.lastUpdate.isAfter(now.minusSeconds(6)))) ].map[ name.replace("_Phone_Home_Unifi_online", "") ]

gPhones.members.forEach[ p | logInfo("test", "Values for " + p.name + "\n" + "State = " + p.state.toString + "\n" + "LastUpdate = " + p.lastUpdate.toString)]

var message = "Benvenuti a casa, "

switch(cameHome.size) {
            case 0: {
                logError("came home", "Unexpected number of phones: " + cameHome.size)
                return;
            }
            case cameHome.size == 1 && cameHome.get(0) == "Andrea": message = "Benvenuto a casa, Andrea"
            case cameHome.size == 1 && cameHome.get(0) == "Cate": message = "Benvenuta a casa, Caterina"
            case cameHome.size == 1 && cameHome.get(0) == "Sofia": message = "Benvenuta a casa, Sofia"
            case cameHome.size == 1 && cameHome.get(0) == "Edo": message = "Benvenuto a casa, Edoardo"
            default: {
                message = message + cameHome.members.reduce[ String list, String name | list + ", " + name ]
                val ind = message.lastIndexOf(",")
                message = new StringBuilder(str).replace(ind, ind+1," e").toString();
            }
        }
        logInfo("check message", "message is: " + message)

Echo_Living_Room_TTS_Volume.sendCommand('90')
        //Echo_Living_Room_TTS.sendCommand('<speak><break time="2s"/>' + message + '</speak>')
        Echo_Living_Room_TTS.sendCommand(message)      
        cameHomeTimer = null
    ])
end

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately I’ve already implemented the first solution in the link you mentioned … and after upgrading to #1518 I’ve had no issues at all with those rules :frowning:

mmhh, then maybe this applies:

1 Like

well, I’ve opened a Github issue (in case):

I hope it will be clear enough :slight_smile:
In the meantime I will revert to #1502

Same Problems with Built OH #1519.

@JensH may I ask you to report your issue in my Github thread?

thanks
Andrea

It‘s allready an issue send there.

In Rules now doesn’t work anymore.

https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/issues/553

1 Like

hemm sorry … nesys it’s me :slight_smile:

Same issues here:

The method historicState(Item, Object, String) from the type PersistenceExtensions refers to the missing type Object
The method createTimer(Object, Procedure0) from the type ScriptExecution refers to the missing type Object
Rule 'xxx': The name 'now' cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 261, column 25, length 3

I did an
apt-get install openhab2=2.5.0~S1512-1 openhab2-addons=2.5.0~S1512-1
to revert to the specified build and everything seemed to be ok again afterwards.

2 Likes

Tnx, the rollback worked with no obvious issues.

Please consider the #1512 should have an issue with the Scheduler :wink:

it is solved in #1518

In any case the team is working on this issue, let’s keep in touch :slight_smile:

Issue is solved as of #1522!

3 Likes