Issues migrating

Hi All,

I’ve been using OpenHab 1.x for about 18 months and the platform has been rock solid. Great work.

I recently bought a Pi 3 and thought I’d put it to good use by trying OH 2 beta 2

I am having some trouble migrating though from 1.6, and would appreciate if someone could help with a few issues as there isn’t much documentation (I’m not complaining, I know this is a work in progress!)

1. In the Classic UI the Setpoint control will not change as doesn’t fire any events. Works fine in BasicUI. On startup no value is shown.

Frame label=“Heating” icon=“house” {
    Selection item=Scene_Heating label=“Heating Selection” mappings=[0=Auto, 1=Home, 2=Away, 3=Off]
    Setpoint item=HeatingTarget step=0.5 minValue=17 maxValue=21
    Switch item=Heating label="House"
    Switch item=HeatRequired label=“Boiler On” icon="fire"
    Switch item=Water label=“Water” icon=“water”
    }

Strangely though once I change the value in BasicUI it works in ClassicUI.

1. My rules don’t seem to be running! This first rule should set the setpoint mentioned above to 19 on system startup, but it doesn’t and is not shown in the event.log

import org.openhab.core.library.types.*
import org.openhab.core.persistence.*
import org.openhab.model.script.actions.*
import org.joda.time.*

rule "Initialize heating states"
when
System started
then
Heating.sendCommand(OFF)
Water.sendCommand(OFF)
HeatRequired.SendCommand(OFF)
postUpdate(Scene_Heating, 0)
postUpdate(HeatingTarget, 19.0 )
end

1. RFXTRX binding isn’t firing any events. I have several temperature/humidity sensors and they are on-line, but they never generate any events.

2016-04-17 16:58:05.475 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘rfxcom:temperaturehumidity:ffd438ed:55553’ changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE

1. In PaperUI inbox I get “Error 409 conflict” when add an electricity sensor thing, which is coming via RFXTRX. It looks a bit different in the inbox UI:

{{getThingTypeLabel(discoveryResult.thingTypeUID)}}
ENERGY-42146
rfxcom:energyusage:ffd438ed:42146

whereas the others I added via inbox didn’t have the {}

In openhab.log I see:
2016-04-17 18:12:34.138 [ERROR] [home.core.thing.binding.ThingFactory] - Thing factory (class org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.RFXComHandlerFactory) returned null on create thing when it reports to support the thing type (rfxcom:energyusage).
2016-04-17 18:12:34.146 [WARN ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type rfxcom:energyusage.

1. I don’t understand the purpose of /conf/services/addons.cfg file. I am supposed to be editing this? It does seem to get updated from the UI. And I seem to have to leave the package = demo as I lost most of the UI’s when I changed it to package = standard

Sorry to dump out all this in one hit, maybe some are connected.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Miles

My first post and I’ve been left hanging :frowning2:
Did I post this in the wrong place?
Can anyone help with any one of the above?

Thanks
m

Hi Miles,

I guess there is no reply because there is no easy answer, since you have a whole list of problems and all sound a bit fuzzy and would need to be reproduced and analyzed before being able to give a good answer.

1. I am not aware of any issue there. I just tried it with the demo setup (page “Widget Overview”) with the latest snapshot and it works as expected.

2. You might want to remove the org.openhab imports, they are not needed anymore. For further analysis, best start with one of the demo rules (which work) and see what are the differences.

3+4) This is about RFXCOM, which I have never used personally.

1. The file is explained here.

I hope this helps at least a bit!

Regards,
Kai