• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0_201
    • openHAB version: 2.5.0M1
  • Issue of the topic: There is no data pushed to influxdb
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • GpsTracker binding data
    • items configured in gps.items:
Location Dziadki_Telefon_GPS "Dziadki Telefon GPS" (gPersist) {channel="gpstracker:tracker:DziadkiTelefonGPS:lastLocation"}
DateTime Dziadki_Telefon_GPS_Last_Seen "Dziadki Telefon GPS ostatnio" <time> (gPersist) {channel="gpstracker:tracker:DziadkiTelefonGPS:lastReport"}
Number:Length Dziadki_Telefon_GPS_Accuracy "Dziadki Telefon GPS accuracy [%d m]" (gPersist) {channel="gpstracker:tracker:DziadkiTelefonGPS:gpsAccuracy"}
Number Dziadki_Telefon_Battery_Level "Dziadki Telefon battery level" <batterylevel> (gPersist) {channel="gpstracker:tracker:DziadkiTelefonGPS:batteryLevel"}
Number:Length Dziadki_Telefon_GPS_System_Distance "Dziadki Telefon system distance [%d m]" (gPersist) {channel="gpstracker:tracker:DziadkiTelefonGPS:distanceSystem"}

• groups.items:
Group gPersist
  • influxdb.persist:
Strategies {                                                                    
    default = everyChange                                                       
}                                                                               

Items {                                                                         
    gPersist                      : strategy = everyChange                                                                                                                                                           
}                                                                               

Sometime ago this configuration was working, I’m not sure what triggered the issue and when I did what (I had openhab 2.3 -> 2.4 -> 2.5.0M1 upgrade), added gps tracker, fixed issue with yahoo binding keep trying to install itself.

Now I have no idea how can I debug what is wrong. In Paper UI I Control page I can see the gps tracker values correctly. In events.log they are keep updating, in openhab.log I don’t see anything related to “influx”.

I tried karaf and log:set trace org.openhab.persistence.influxdb but this didn’t generate any logs for influxdb in openhab.log.

I would really like to see that openhab tries to send some data to influx and e.g. fails, but now I see only silence and don’t know even where to start.

You are persisting an item with the name gPersist. To persist a group gPersist, it needs to be

Items { 
       gPersist* : strategy = everyChange
   }

Should have never worked, though :sunglasses:

Yeah that was it :D, previously I did it without the group and migrated to that later.