Item changes are not triggered anymore after Synology OpenHab 2.4 upgrade

item changes are not triggered anymore after openHab upgrade

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Synology DS218+
    • Java Runtime Environment: Java8 j2sdk jre 1.8.0_201
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0.001

Hi,

I understand that upgrading openHab is not possible on a Synology DiskStation - which is not so nice - so instead I’ve removed the 2.3 package and installed the 2.4 package. While setting everything up I took the chance to finally make the naming of my Things and Items consistent.

Ever since this reinstallation I don’t receive any item changes of my Z-Wave thermostats (I have 8) anymore rendering my rules and custom logging useless.
Sending commands to the thermostats works fine and the thermostats on their own work fine.
Other Z-Wave devices like QubinoFlush1D switches work fine.

Configurations:

• Devices
    • Z-Wave Serial Controller
    • Spirit Thermostatic Valve
      • Properties:
        • Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave Plus
        • https://www.amazon.de/Eurotronic-Z-Wave-Energiesparregler-intelligentes-Heizthermostat/dp/B075X257NC/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1Q9H5VTUDSPYT&keywords=spirit+thermostat&qid=1556381952&s=gateway&sprefix=spirit+thermo%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-1
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM: Informs the controller about critical system events/errors
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION: Allows to associate with other Z-Wave devices.
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO: Allows to group associations
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC: Provides access to basic functionality
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY: Returns the current battery level of the device.
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION: Allows to configure the device settings
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY: Informs the Z-Wave Controller that the device was factory reset
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD: Allows Over the Air Update of the device.
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC: Provides information about Manufacturer and Product
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL: Used to alter the rf-power(required by Z-Wave).
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_PROTECTION: Allows to lock the device (child protection).
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY: Allows encrypted Z-Wave Communication
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL: Provides the measured room temperature
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL: Provides or sets the valve opening degree of the valve Controlling the valve opening degree requires manufacturer specific mode
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE: Configures the operation mode
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT: Allows to configure the desired room temperature
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION: Returns information about the Firmware.
        • commandClass:COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO: Identifies the device as a Z-Wave Plus Device
        • dbReference: 710
        • defaultAssociations: 1
        • manufacturerId: 0148
        • manufacturerRef: 0003:0001,0003:0003
        • modelId: Spirit
        • vendor: Eurotronics
        • zwave_beaming: true
        • zwave_class_basic: BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
        • zwave_class_generic: GENERIC_TYPE_THERMOSTAT
        • zwave_class_specific: SPECIFIC_TYPE_THERMOSTAT_GENERAL_V2
        • zwave_deviceid: 1
        • zwave_devicetype: 3
        • zwave_frequent: true
        • zwave_lastheal: 2019-04-27T00:58:43Z
        • zwave_listening: false
        • zwave_manufacturer: 328
        • zwave_neighbours: 12
        • zwave_nodeid: 10
        • zwave_plus_devicetype: NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
        • zwave_plus_roletype: ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_SLEEPING_LISTENING
        • zwave_routing: true
        • zwave_secure: false
        • zwave_version: 0.16
      • Current configuration parameters
        • configuration parameters
          • 1 LCD Invert: LCD-content normal
          • 2 LCD Timeout: (Add or search)
          • 3 Backlight: Backlight disabled
          • 4 Battery report: Send battery status unsolicited once a day
          • 5 Measured Temperature report: 10
          • 6 Valve opening percentage report: 1
          • 7 Window open detection: Sensitivity medium
          • 8 Measured Temerpature offset: (Add or search)
        • association groups
          • 1 Lifeline: (Select a value)
        • device configuration
          • Polling period: 1 Day
          • Command poll period: 1500
  • Items
    • Dimmer (Valve position)
    • Current temperature
    • Thermostat mode
    • Setpoint (heat)
    • Setpoint (energy heat)
    • Battery level

Etc.:

• No changes are logged anymore in /homes/openhab/tmpfs/userdata/logs/events.log
  • The UIs (PaperUI, BasicUI) do show the current values, but sometimes only after I change something e.g. the setpoint temperature.
  • None of the rules are not triggered

So far I’ve tried to:

• Reboot the DiskStation
  • Reinstall openHab package
  • Reinstall the Z-Wave USB stick
  • Soft reset the thermostats
  • Exclude and include the termostats
  • Reinitialise the device
  • Heal the device
  • Removing batteries and restarting the thermostats
  • Factory reset the thermostats
  • Removing and recreating the things
  • Removing and recreating the items
  • Changing all kinds of configuration parameters

What’s funny is that changing contiguration parameters e.g. setting the association group to my controller seems to work, but the setting seems to get lost as it’s missing the next time I open up the configuration parameters.

Everything worked perfect on the old openHab 2.3.

What else can I do?

I found a solution.

I had to remove the Dimension “Temperature” and just keep it empty.

Best,
Dan