Item-config items don´t show up in habmin

Hello
Short story:
Items from /etc/openhab2/items/home.items doesn´t show up in HABmin.
Before I broke something I could use the Number and String items in HABmin but not anymore, and any change made to the items-file isn´t in HABmin.

Long story:
Im trying to config a new openhabian install from scratch.
First I had problems with GPIO pins in PaperUI, can´t discover any pins but realized that if I did a BasicUI config I could control my outputs (haven´t setup any inputs yet).
After some troubleshooting I got my SPI MPC3008 to work but only in PaperUI.
Somewhere between then and now I think I broke something because my items from my items-file dissapeared from HABmin, the changes I make to the items-file doesn´t show up in HABmin (and has never been seen in PaperUI) I can only se PaperUI things in HABmin.
I haven´t learned how to config the MPC3008 and OneWireGPIO in config-files.

• Platform information: RaspberryPi
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_222”
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_222-b178)
      OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu8.40.0.178-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.222-b178, mixed mode, Evaluation)
    • openHAB version: openHAB 2.5.5~S111-1 (Build #111)

home.items:

//Output
Switch channel17 "Vattenpump" { gpio="pin:17 activelow:no initialValue:low" }
Switch channel27 "Channel 27" { gpio="pin:27 activelow:no initialValue:low" }
Switch channel22 "Channel 22" { gpio="pin:22 activelow:no initialValue:low"}
Switch channel5 "Channel 5" { gpio="pin:5 activelow:no initialValue:low"}
Switch channel6 "Channel 6" { gpio="pin:6 activelow:no initialValue:low"}
Switch channel13 "Channel 13" { gpio="pin:13 activelow:no initialValue:low"}
Switch channel19 "Channel 19" { gpio="pin:19 activelow:no initialValue:low"}
Switch channel26 "Channel 26" { gpio="pin:26 activelow:no initialValue:low"}

//Input
Contact channel23 "Channel 23" { gpio="pin:23 debounce:10 activelow:yes" }
Contact channel24 "Channel 24" { gpio="pin:24 debounce:10 activelow:yes" }
Contact channel25 "Channel 25" { gpio="pin:25 debounce:10 activelow:yes" }
Contact channel12 "Channel 12" { gpio="pin:12 debounce:10 activelow:yes" }
Contact channel16 "Channel 16" { gpio="pin:16 debounce:10 activelow:yes" }
Contact channel20 "Channel 20" { gpio="pin:20 debounce:10 activelow:yes" }
Contact channel23 "Channel 21" { gpio="pin:21 debounce:10 activelow:yes" }

//Contact DoorSensor "Door Sensor [%s]" { gpio="pin:16 debounce:10 activelow:yes" }
//Contact Button "Button [%s]" { gpio="pin:24 activelow:yes" }

//Variable
Number setTemp "setTemp"
String HABPanel "HABPanel"
//Number greywater "Gråvattennivå"
Number greywater “M: [%.0f]” (Greywater) { exec=”<[/usr/bin/python /etc/openhabian/scripts/read_mcp3008.py:600000:REGEX((.?))]" }
String greywater “M: [%.0f]” (Greywater) { exec=”<[/usr/bin/python /etc/openhabian/scripts/read_mcp3008.py:600000:REGEX((.?))]" }

The GPIO Binding is a 1.x version binding. Beyond installation, you can’t do anything with 1.x bindings in PaperUI. No discovery, no configuration, you can’t even configure an Item to use them in PaperUI.

Habmin is basically unmaintained. I’m not sure I would use it to diagnose problems with OH configs. There is no way to tell whether the problem is just that that part of HABmin is no longer working or not.

Errors in the logs?

Looking at your .items file shows that everything after “//Variable” is using the wrong types of quotes. That would prevent the .items file from loading and it would generate errors in the log.

Thank you!
I have been starring at this file to long that I missed it. It was a copy/paste line from this forum and because I tried to find a solution to another problem I just ignored these lines completely.
I fixed that and also found another typo (Contact channel23 twice).

Im making a “smart-caravan” and using a Raspbery LCD and HABpanel (another typo but in this post, it´s HABpanel, not HABmin) to control things with the GPIO. Cheap solution, maybe it won´t work and I ditch the project :blush:

2 Likes