Item linked to old z-wave node

I had a binary sensor item linked to a z-wave multisensor, I excluded and included it again because it wasn’t working properly, but I didn’t unlink or delete the item before I excluded the multisensor.

I have since deleted and recreated the item and linked it to the newly included multisensor, but every time ItemStateChangedEvent occurs, I get the following warning:

2017-06-03 22:13:05.047 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update ‘OFF’ for item ‘Hallway_Sensor_PIR’ to handler for channel ‘zwave:device:07449ecd:node19:sensor_binary’, because no thing with the UID ‘zwave:device:07449ecd:node19’ could be found.

node19 was the old node before I excluded it, it is now zwave:device:07449ecd:node25.

Can I manually update the UID to point to the new node?

I’ve used a new name for the item and I no longer see the warning in the logs, so it seems there’s a phantom item that still exists.

If I create a new item with the old name I start seeing the warning again.

I’ve had this happen a few times where an entry gets left in the jsondb database for an old item. You can also manually edit the org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.link.ItemChannelLink.json file to eliminate the sections that reference the old item. I’ve been meaning to report this to @Kai but haven’t been able to figure out a way to consistently replicate the behavior.

1 Like

Many thanks, you were right, the old item was at the end of the file, referencing the old (dead) node19.