Item Setup For ZWave HSM100

Anybody got one of those HSM100 3-in-one sensors working? I can see it in Habmin okay and the .xml file is there, but I can’t seem to get the right .items setup for it.

Paul

Habmin sees it as: EZMotion Express Wireless 3-in-1 sensor.

Try: (replace the “4” with the node id)
Number BatteryLevel “Battery [%d %%]” {zwave=“4:command=battery”}

Do you get any value from the sensor?

Yes I do!

Any idea for temperature, luminance, and, of course, motion ??

Thanks Hagen_Seifert,
P.

That’s easy. :wink:

Have a look at the binding page. There you can find the parameters. Some can be used as the battery, without an additional parameter. For the sensor values you have to add the sensor-type. So, if you want to get the temperature use:

Number Temperature "Temperature [%.1f °C]" {zwave="4:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,sensor_type=1"}

If you want to know which commands classes are supported from your device, look (for example) at HABmin, tab Product Explorer.

Thanks for the info. Some progress. I seem to be getting a reading for luminance. Nothing for temperature. Though I am guessing which sensor_type is which.

Here is the .items entry:

Here is the sitemap screen shot:

I’ll keep hacking. Let me know if you have any brain waves. Thanks a million !

You mixed the sensor types. Temperature is 1, luminance is 3.

If you want to get the motion, you have to use the sensor_binary command with respond_to_basic=true.

You can find numerous examples on https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/Z-Wave-Binding-Examples

These are all listed on the wiki.

I think I’m starting to get it. I reviewed the wiki examples and the “Product Explorer” in Habmin and the .xml file and I have made the changes to the .items file that was recommended.

I even stepped through the zwave.log file to see what was going on. That was a lot of fun. :slightly_smiling:

I’ll let this baby sit for a while and let you know - patience is a virtue with battery devices - I’m tired of manually goosing it.

Thanks so much Hagen and Chris !!
Paul

I think everything is working. The recommendations (Wiki and Hagen) did not work for temperature and luminance. I tried a few other permutations and they appear to be working now.

Here are the .items entries that did work:

Here are the .sitemap entries:

And here is the result:

The settings that are definitely working, and working according to the Wiki, are the motion and battery ones. It is the temperature and luminance settings that are different. However, truth be told, I am really only interested in the motion and that appears to be working fine.

Thanks again to Chris and Hagen.
Paul

Hi Iv just one of these sensors and I struggling to get the motion working , I got the battery level working with{zwave “11:command=BATTERY”} but I get nothing using using {zwave"command=SENSOR_BINARY,respond_to_basic=true"} and its the motion I want not bothered about temp and light.
shows green in habmin

please can someone help im losing the will iv tried lots of permutations but nothing

using raspberry PI 2 Z Stick S2 openhab v1.8
iv got a everspring sp103 working no problem on the controller so no issues with z wave binding itself

thanks alan

The motion works fine for me. Be aware that the motion sensor does go to sleep after being tripped, so you might need to wait 15 minutes before it will trip again.

Here’s my entry (don’t see any problems with yours):

//EZMotion 3-in-one (Homeseer) Kitchen.
Switch zwave_motion11 “Kitchen 3-in-1 motion - [%s]” {zwave=“11:command=SENSOR_BINARY,respond_to_basic=true,refresh_interval=900”}

Hi Paul ,
thanks for the speedy response . It should work but it wont . The PIR itself appears to work if the LED is anything to go by , I just cant figure it out as I say losing the will its about to revisit ebay lol . My only thought is something to do with the XML file . the file is there for node 11 but maybe is not right . Did you copy any additional info into the xml? I see chris Jackson has a xml for homeseer but im not sure what you do with it.

"
I think I’m starting to get it. I reviewed the wiki examples and the “Product Explorer” in Habmin and the .xml file and I have made the changes to the .items file that was recommended.

I even stepped through the zwave.log file to see what was going on. That was a lot of fun
"
what did you do here Paul?

cheers alan

Did you associate the sensor to the controller? I am not 100% sure this is necessary, but I have done that - and mine is working :wink: BTW - I did the association using the Habmin software.

To answer your xml node question - no, I did not do anything with that file.

Mate a virtual HIGH 5 for you !! was not a member of party soon as I changed the member state it worked with the item as previously stated.

I appreciate your help and speedy response greatly.

thanks again

alan