Item state reset on save (GPIO binding)

Dear All,

This is mostly a clarification question to understand what happens in the backgrount…

I have a small pilot project. Let me say I have a RPi with some LED and sensors connected to the GPIOs.
When I make some modification to my .items file and save it I found that the RPi GPIOs will reset:

2019-03-11 23:20:19.111 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘test.items’
2019-03-11 23:20:21.285 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LivingRoom_Motion changed from OPEN to UNDEF
2019-03-11 23:20:21.295 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LivingRoom_Main_Light changed from ON to UNDEF
2019-03-11 23:20:21.821 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LivingRoom_Main_Light changed from UNDEF to OFF
2019-03-11 23:20:22.380 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LivingRoom_Motion changed from UNDEF to CLOSED

Is this normal? Should I count on this when my project went live? For example if my family is waching television through a plug which is connected to the RPi’s GPIO through a relay and I work on my smart home and press the save button will the TV turn off (or worst case my computer which I currently use)?

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Thank you in advance!

Yes. When you modify Items in flight, what you do expect to happen? You may have altered their type or channels anything.
Like any live system, you will need a process and discipline for tinkering with it.

Well, to be honest, I didn’t expected to restart my car’s engine if I only changed its license plate. :blush: