Item type "number" can not be set and does not show adjustment box for setpoint items

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RaspPi 4
    • openHAB version: Openhabian 3.1
  • Issue of the topic:
    For example i use a Z-Wave Spirit thermostatic valve, one of its channels is “SetpointHeat” which is suppose to be used to set the heating temperature. When i link this channel to an item which type is configured to “number:temperature” i should expect to be able to set this temperature within the item point. However when i click on the temperature value within this item it always shows the analyze diagram (same as when i click the analyze button).

For this item i configured the semantic class to “control”, and the semantic property to “temperature”. When i look at the properties screen for temperatures it shows this item under the control section, but no adjustment box is shown only the temperature setting value is available. Again when i click on this value it will show the analyze diagram instead of being able to adjust the value.

What am i doing wrong ? i double checked it all in relation to some examples but i can’t get it working.

The default widget for any number item does not include a control for setting the number. The semantic points here are not relevant; they are just tags that determine where in the overview property and equipment tags these items are found.

Every item has two default widgets, a default stand-alone widget (such as you see on the items details page) and a default lit widget for when that item is included in one of the overview style lists or other group lists. You can change these defaults if you wish to develop your own widget. Here are a few great places to get started:

Thanks Justin, i’am going to study on this… let you know the result