Items in UI or in default.items file?

• Platform information:
    • openHAB version: openHAB 2.1.0 - release build

Hi,
Sorry if this is a daft question. I’ve defined a number of items (Hue bulbs) in my default.items file. For example:-

Switch Toggle_Hue_Landing "Landing Hue Switch" <colorlight> (Random_Lights, All_Lights) { channel="hue:0210:00178829e676:1:color" }
Color Color_Hue_Landing "Landing Hue Colour" <colorlight> { channel="hue:0210:00178829e676:1:color" }
Dimmer Dimmer_Hue_Landing "Landing Hue Dimmer" <colorlight> { channel="hue:0210:00178829e676:1:color_temperature" }
Switch Effect_Hue_Landing "Landing Hue Effect" <colorlight> { channel="hue:0210:00178829e676:1:effect" }

When I look in the UI of Paper UI I see the same Items defined with different names, so for example:-

• LandingLight_Color
  • LandingLight_ColorTemperature

(neither of which are in the default.items file) in addition to the default.items definitions:-

• Color_Hue_Landing
  • Color_Hue_Landing

I don’t seem to be able to remove the items that I haven’t purposely defined in the default.items file (which seems to be the logical source of truth).

Something fundamental I’m missing here? The logs will often refer to the PaperUI only names, so seems cleaner to remove them?

Thanks in advance
Steve

To removed managed Items, first break the links that they have to the Thing’s Channel
Go into the Thing, find the channel they are linked to and break it. Then you will be able to delete the PaperUI created Items.

1 Like

Hi - OK will take a look - Many thanks.

You might want to make sure that simple mode is turned off in PaperUI > Configuration > System > Item Linking. Otherwise OH might try to auto create the item again.

Thank you. Will check that too