Items not appearing in myopenhab.org/items despite being correctly listed in my.openhab.org/rest/items

Sorry for the long title.

I’ve got an item
Switch PresenceJF_Home "JF @ Home" (gPresence)

I’ve got a myopenhab.persist file

Strategies{
            }
    Items {
    // persist all items once a day and on every change and restore them from the db at startup
    // careful, this might result in huge databases - that's why it is in comment here ; * : strategy = everyChange, everyUpdate, restoreOnStartup
    Presence*, Owntracks*   :       strategy = everyMinute,  restoreOnStartup
    BatteryJF_Phone                 : strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup
    LR*, Garage                             : strategy = everyChange,  restoreOnStartup
    AllLights                               : strategy = everyChange,  restoreOnStartup
    ByPassLights                    : strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup
    SleepingIn                              : strategy = everyChange, restoreOnStartup

}

Connection is successful
I can browse to https://my.openhab.org/basicui/app?sitemap=home
I can see all of my items listed if I call the /items REST endpoint.

The end goal is to use IFTTT with some of my items but since they’re not appearing in my.openhab they’re not appearing on IFTTT either.

Thanks very much!

Using OH2 nightly from 10/24

Presence* persists all members of the Presence Group, not all Items whose name starts with “Presence”. It is not a traditional wild card.

You either need to list all your Presence Items separately or persist gPresence*.

Here is an example of how I set up my persistence using Groups.

Thanks for the tip - it helped clarify how this works and will save me lots of troubleshooting later!

However, the items are still not available in my.openhab.

I’ve completely simplified my attempt in persistence/myopenhab.persist file to this:

Strategies{
        }
Items {

PresenceJF_Home   		:	strategy = everyUpdate
BatteryJF_Phone                 :	strategy = everyUpdate

}

Despite seeing a change in the logs

14:23:08.243 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'PresenceJF_Work' received command ON
14:23:08.249 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'PresenceJF_Home' received command OFF

EDIT: Turned on debugging - shows updates to my.openhab

14:32:05.986 [DEBUG] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - Sending update 'OFF' for item 'PresenceJF_Home'

The items are still not listed in https://my.openhab.org/items

(I restarted OH just to see if that would trigger some sort of push - no dice)

Assuming you have no errors in your logs:

• Are you running Oracle Java 1.8.1_101 or later?
  • It might be related to the reliability problems the my.openhab servers have been experiencing the past week or so.
openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-8u91-b14-3ubuntu1~16.04.1-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

Should I switch to Oracle Java?

Yes, you should be using Oracle Java and build 101 or later. Neither OpenJDK nor Oracle Javas before 101 have the my.openhab.org’s certificate authority as a trusted authority. Upgrading the JRE is easier than manually adding the certificate to your trust chain.

Excellent - updating Java now (I assumed the answer to be yes so I started the switch)

Thanks

No go with update of Oracle. Probably not a bad idea to have done anyway!

Does someone know what the state of my.openhab is? Is there a “service status” page :wink:

Hi jflarente,

I’m having the same problem as you, did you find a way to update the items on myopenhab?

Kind regards, 3xpl01t3

Make sure you are using myipenhab.org, the Cloud Connector add-on, your Items you wish to share in the .Cfg file, and you are running the latest Oracle Java.

I’m using myopenhab.org, the latest Oracle Java, the Cloud Connector add-on and I’ve tried to expose the items over the persistence file, I also tried to configure it with the given UI.
As a result I see 2 items, one that shoud exposed to myopenhab and one that shloud not and 2 items are missing.
Which .cfg file do you mean? in OH2 there are no cfg files anymor (as far as i know).

Cloud Connector no longer uses persist files.

OH 2 absolutely does have config files. Most are located in conf/services. You place the items you want to share go in

As documented here, you can configure it through the UI or a config file.

I saw that I needed to trigger a state change to make the exposed item finally visible in myopenhab

1 Like