Items Not Working -- Log file contains errors with "GenericMetadataProvider!"

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RaspberrPi 2
    • Java Runtime Environment: zulu
    • openHAB version: 2.3.x

A lot of my items are no longer working. I am using a config that I have previously used last year (I was still using openhab2) and it was working before… I moved to node-red but now I am back to using openhab2. Here are the logs that I think are relevant:

'2018-04-14 01:08:13.848 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Metadata with key 
 mqtt:LR_RGBWW_State' already exists from provider GenericMetadataProvider! Failed to add a second 
with the same UID from provider GenericMetadataProvider!
2018-04-14 01:08:13.853 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Metadata with key 
mqtt:Kitchen_RGBWW_Command' already exists from provider GenericMetadataProvider! Failed to add a 
second with the same UID from provider GenericMetadataProvider!
2018-04-14 01:08:13.858 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Metadata with key ' 
mqtt:Kitchen_RGBWW_State' already exists from provider GenericMetadataProvider! Failed to add a 
2018-04-14 01:08:13.862 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Metadata with key 
mqtt:BR_RGBWW_Command' already exists from provider GenericMetadataProvider! Failed to add a 
2018-04-14 01:08:13.865 [WARN ] [ore.common.registry.AbstractRegistry] - Metadata with key 
mqtt:BR_RGBWW_State' already exists from provider GenericMetadataProvider! Failed to add a second 
with the same UID from provider GenericMetadataProvider!'

My Item configuration is as follows:

String LR_RGBWW_Command { mqtt="<[mosquitto:milight/commands/0x1974/rgb_cct/1:command:*:default]" }
String LR_RGBWW_State { mqtt="<[mosquitto:milight/states/+/rgb_cct/1:state:default]" }
Dimmer LR_RGBWW_Temperature "Temperature" <temperature>
Color LR_RGBWW_Color "Color"  <colorlight>
Switch LR_RGBWW_Whitemode "Warm/Cold" <temperature>
String Kitchen_RGBWW_Command { mqtt=">
[mosquitto:milight/commands/0x1974/rgb_cct/2:command:*:default]" }
String Kitchen_RGBWW_State { mqtt="<[mosquitto:milight/states/+/rgb_cct/2:state:default]" }
Color Kitchen_RGBWW_Color "Color" <colorlight>
Switch Kitchen_RGBWW_Whitemode "Warm/Cold" <temperature>
String BR_RGBWW_Command { mqtt=">
[mosquitto:milight/commands/0x1974/rgb_cct/3:command:*:default]" }
String BR_RGBWW_State { mqtt="<[mosquitto:milight/states/+/rgb_cct/3:state:default]" }
Color BR_RGBWW_Color "Color" <colorlight>
Dimmer BR_RGBWW_Temperature "Temperature" <temperature>
Switch BR_RGBWW_Whitemode "Warm/Cold" <temperature>
String BR_RGBW_Command { mqtt=">[mosquitto:milight/commands/0x1974/rgbw/4:command:*:default]" }
String BR_RGBW_State { mqtt="<[mosquitto:milight/states/+/rgbw/4:state:default]" }`

This might just be coincidence, but I also had this issue with an item that used the “serial” binding and the thing that both the serial binding and mqtt binding have in common is that they dont require a “.things” file (I configured all this through openhab conf files not paperUI)

I am not sure if that error is what is causing the problem, but I think it is. However, it might just be something wrong with my config because even though its the same config from last year, mqtt can be kind of finicky and something might be different.

EDIT: dear lord im dumb… I got so caught up in getting all my config files together, I forgot to install the mqtt binding :sweat_smile: … the errors are gone from the logs now too. It might have been when I switched from the “stable” builds to “snapshots” that it removed the mqtt binding or i just never installed them in the first place

If you have solved the problem, please mark so.

@Brian_Lee

This thread may interest you based on what your logs are showing.

Thanks @matt1, but I was able to solve the problem, it was merely due to forgetting to install the mqtt addon after migrating my config files. I already use the nodemcu milight hub flashed with sidoh’s code. It is a really great program, and I just use mqtt to communicate with it

Yes it is a great project.
If u still want to do it by mqtt this thread was how I used to do it here, but the binding has way more features and makes having 23 globes of different types around my house much easier then how u r doing it.