Items remain uninitialized after reboot/upgrade

No, i didn’t checked the mapdb.
But this definitely was not a display problem, because in logs i saw the records with such errors:

2019-12-16 18:32:21.082 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule ‘co2_notification’: Could not cast NULL to java.lang.Number; line 23, column 44, length 32

Here is the line from rule

val minIndoorTemperature = TemperatureGroup.state as Number - 10

State of items, which belong to this group, were updated before, so, group state should be changed to AVG value.

After i changed the base type of group - everything started to work, also this was visible in logs:

2019-12-16 18:49:47.080 [ome.event.ItemUpdatedEvent] - Item ‘TemperatureGroup’ has been updated.
2019-12-16 18:50:40.308 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LivingRoomAirConditions_LivingRoomTemperature changed from 22.77 °C to 22.72 °C
2019-12-16 18:50:40.313 [GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - TemperatureGroup changed from NULL to 23.71 through LivingRoomAirConditions_LivingRoomTemperature

Can you show us what made you think your Groups had lost their type? (rather than, say, losing the aggregation function?)
Your member Items appear to be Quantity types, with units. Is your Group?

I wrote jsondb. That’s where item (group) definitions are stored when you use the UI.
/var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json

In paperUI Base type was set to None. It looked like this. And it was shown in such way on different browsers

Yes, sorry, I mean jsondb.

Unfortunately, as i can see, in backup directory a version from Dec 16 21:10 is present, after the changes were done.
Sorry, no other copies of database, where group had wrong type, exist.

Now it looks ok

"TemperatureGroup": {
"class": "org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.ManagedItemProvider$PersistedItem",
"value": {
  "baseItemType": "Number",
  "groupNames": [],
  "itemType": "Group",
  "tags": [],
  "label": "Температура (Группа, квартира)",
  "category": "Temperature",
  "functionName": "AVG"
}}

Hi,

I wasn’t able to reproduce the mentioned issue. However, I have the feeling that it only happened after upgrade of OH snapshots. I can’t test now, because I’m on 2.5 after some reinstallations and SD card failures. Today I’ll change to an SSD hoping that this will relief some of the SD card related failures.If I turn back to snapshot releases I’ll report if the item problem still exists.
Happy christmas :slight_smile: