Jaguar InControl Binding?

I figured it out. HOMEASSISTANT_DISCOVERY in the configuration file must be set to true, not to True. It is apparently case-sensitive.

Thank you for all of your help, I now have items automatically populating in PaperUI.

Excellent! Good to hear that you are up and running. I will add a small update to trap for that lowercase issue.

1 Like

Hi.

looking for little help, i cant find any information as to where to install the files. does any anyone have a step by step on getting this installed

any help will be greatly appreciated

Replying to your PM here in the main thread, in case it helps any others.

As the last update to the jlr2mqtt script was some 4 years ago, I am not optimistic that that version still works, as there have been numerous changes by JLR over the years.

Having said that, and if you still want to give it a go, the python script file and the config file can go anywhere. There is no requirement for any specific folder.

1. Install the jlrpy library from https://github.com/ardevd/jlrpy

2. Download and place the jlr2mqtt.py script file and its sample config file.

3. Change the config file parameters as required (user id, password etc, mqtt broker details etc)

4. Run the script. If all is well, it should connect to both the JLR servers and to your mqtt broker.

That is in essence the key steps to running the script.