Jasco GE 46202, but different manufacturer ID

Hello, I’ve got a Honeywell toggle switch that is quite different from previous ones. I’m honestly wondering if someone didn’t return something else in the wrong box.

In any case, it’s discovered as this:

0x39
0x3137
0x4952

That’s a Jasco Products GE 46202, and the picture on the web site matches the product, except one problem. The database shows a device ID of 0063, but this one is 0x39. It otherwise seems to match.

I opened a ticket for editing rights to the database, but I haven’t done this before. Anyone have further thoughts, or does this make sense as an explanation of the problem?

Welcome to openHAB!
Please post your xml file for that device from your /userdata/zwave folder.

Thanks! I can’t find a way to directly attach a file, so here’s the actual text:

0xc48e639f 12 4 0x39 0x3137 0x4952 true false true false true 40000 1000 COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC COMMAND_CLASS_TRANSPORT_SERVICE COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY_2 COMMAND_CLASS_SUPERVISION COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION COMMAND_CLASS_APPLICATION_STATUS COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD 1 1 0 2 2 0 3 3 0 0 BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY 0 COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION 1 1 false 4 COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC 1 1 false 2 true COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE 3 1 false 3 2 COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION 2 1 false 2 3 COMMAND_CLASS_SCENE_ACTIVATION 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL 1 1 false 1 0 0 COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD 1 1 false 4 COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION 2 1 false 3 LIB_SLAVE_ENHANCED 6.4 5.53 255 COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC 1 1 false 2 false 57 18770 12599 COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO 1 1 false 2 1 ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE true COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY 1 1 false 1 COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY 1 1 false 2 true COMMAND_CLASS_APPLICATION_STATUS 1 1 false 1 1 8 10 11 2019-11-23 14:53:12.278 UTC

Oh, I see. The device ID got updated. The database has a Honeywell 39394 listed as device ID 0x3037, and my device has 0x3137.

Please use code fences next time, thx.

Your device is here:
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1109

It was just added, so you need to upgrade to the latest zwave 2.5 snapshot binding once the changes got merged (probably this weekend, maybe beginning of next week).

Thank you, it’s working correctly now.

Could you explain what edits you made to the database? I have database editing access now, but I’m not sure what I should have done. The basic problem before seemed to be the device ID changed from 3037 to 3137. It looks like you just edited the current definitions, but I don’t understand why. Wouldn’t that mean anyone with a device that reads 3037 would now have problems?

I do so many edits, I don’t remember. If you need to know exactly, please search the Database History tab.

In general: devices are separated in the database by device type, device id and firmware version.