Jellyfin binding

Feel free to try it and report back, but based on the readme in the OP the target for this binding is web browser clients and Android TV.

I am not sure what to do with the jar file.

And there should be possible to make a plugin that works with scenarios like mine.

You need to put the .jar file into your addons folder.
Precise location depends on your install though, but above link also has links to the different file location possibilities.
Take note that you might need to restart either openHAB or only the binding (I think so for me it worked without).

Thanks for the binding.
I try it with the new openhab milestone 4, auto discover the server and added the server thing, leave userid and access token blank then navigate to ip:port/jellyfin/xxxxxxxxxx, but then it redirect the page to my DSM page (FYI, my jellyfinis running as a docker service in my Synology NAS)
Any suggestion what I should do?
Thanks,
Patrick

@phui sorry didn’t read the forum in a while.
I understand this is a limitation not just related to this binding, but to all the ones that create custom routes on the server.
I don’t know how routing works on your setup, but if you are using the openHAB port there I can’t see any reason for getting a redirection to the DSM page.
I suggests you to open a new thread describing the issue, will bring more attention to it.
Best regards!

I’m just now discovering JellyFin, and this plug-in looks like it has great potential.

I have both JellyFin, Plex, and OpenHAB running on the same docker box, pointing to the same library’s {JellyFin and Plex}.

My OpenHAB is using an unofficial Plex plugin (still being developed for OH3).

My OpenHAB is build on the files method (i.e. things files, item files, rules files and so on)

I am experience a couple of issues

First, my thing bridge file does not appear to be picked up and the bridge doesn’t show up in the list of things in the GUI.

Second, when I add the bridge manually from the GUI, I can’t seem to get it to find my clients
 the only one it finds is the web client but even then it doesn’t connect after I add it.

My concern is whether or not I’ll be able to connect my Rokus to this binding. Those are what I watch most of my Plex on. And Since I have me plex (Via OpenHAB rules and the Telegram binding) set to notify me when the kids put on a Plex show out in the living room, I can’t complete the Jellyfin transition.