Join us at the Smart Home Day 2018 in Ludwigsburg on Oct 21!

It is my pleasure to announce that we (the openHAB Foundation) managed to organise another Smart Home Day co-located with EclipseCon Europe in Ludwigsburg this year!
We had a full house last year and very positive feedback from the community members that attended that event, so I am very confident that it will be again a great opportunity for people to meet face to face and to also enjoy interesting presentations during the day. Please note that some small adaptions of the agenda are still possible, but the start and end times are definitely fixed.

Thanks to our sponsors (Deutsche Telekom, Bosch and codecentric), we are again able to offer the tickets at the very low price of 19 EUR, so it should be easy for anyone interested to attend. As a hotel I can recommend the Ibis Budget Ludwigsburg, which is in 10-15 minutes walking distance of the venue. If this is booked out, the nh Ludwigsburg is another good choice next door. You should consider to also stay the Sunday evening, since we had many hours of great discussions in a restaurant last year, which we can hopefully repeat this time!

I am looking forward to meeting many of you that day, so please make sure to visit the registration page soon. We were booked out the last time, so don’t wait too long!

Best regards,
Kai

13 Likes

Hi Kai,

Has such event happened in other countries before? I would be happy to host such an event here in India. We will help with Visa processing. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Ganesh

1 Like

Hey Ganesh,

I am sure there is quite a huge openHAB community in India, so having such events would definitely be nice! So far, I am not aware of anything similar in the past. My suggestion would be to create a new topic similar to U.S. Meetups for openHAB so that people can provide feedback for that idea.

Cheers,
Kai

1 Like

Hi all,

I’d like to point out that directly before the Smart Home Day, on 19th and 20th October, there will be interesting openHAB and Smart Home/Building events in Stuttgart which is just 15 minutes by train or 20 minutes by car away from Ludwigsburg. Take look at Smart Public Building for more information. Personally, I’ll host a full-day binding developer workshop on 20th October organized by the HFT Stuttgart where you can learn how to develop new openHAB bindings (or improve existing ones)! But there will also be a (German) user workshop hosted by Marianne Spiller, author of the book Smart Home mit openHAB 2 for openHAB newcomers who want to learn more about openHAB, as well as many interesting speeches. Please note that those events are free of charge, but you have to register for them as space is limited here as well.

I’ll be there on all three days (19th - 21th October), looking forward to see some of you!

Best Regards,
Patrick

5 Likes

I would like to participate, but I can’t.

…is there a chance to get some summary, feedback, livestream…?

livestream yeah that will do the trick

Note that the event on 19th/20th is not related to the Smart Home Day or EclipseCon, but organised and hosted by the HfT Stuttgart.
For the Smart Home Day, we plan to have recordings of the talks (as we had last year already). The event(s) at HfT won’t be recorded afaik.

2 Likes

will there be another ‘warmup’ meeting this saturday evening ?

I think so, David and myself will arive about 19:00 at the Hotel to meet with Kai, so feel free to join us…

@wborn @hilbrand and me will be there around 1500 so we can even join diner plans if there are any…

Dinner souds great, see you later guys👍

I am in too. Will arrive in Stuttgart at 3 o’clock and visit the developer workshop to meet @pfink. Let me know where you are going to have lunch. Will join you later. C U.

Too bad that I can’t join (also this year :frowning:)
I wish you all the best and have fun!
Waiting for pictures and videos after the event!

Just tried to reserve a table at Kullmanns, where we were last year and which is next door to the hotel - unfortunately they told me that there’s a basketball game tonight and that they are completely full. They recommended “Blauer Engel” (10 minutes walk from hotel), they do not take any reservations. So if we are early enough, we should be able to get a table there. So if anyone wants to have an early dinner, go there and grab a table for us. I’ll plan to be there no later than 7pm.

Beat you to the “Bier vor Vier!” :sunglasses:
I’ll try to keep some for you guys! Hurry up!

1 Like

@george.erhan where are you drinking?

Not at Kullman’s anymore! Meet you at the hotel in 15 minutes?