Joining of Harmony Hub Extender to Openhab ZWave Network

My question wasn’t really what it does - my question was really what do you want to do with it. How are YOU wanting to use the device, and what functionality do you expect that the binding is providing?

If you just plan to use the device to directly control other devices, then the binding does not do anything - the communications is direct. If you want to use it to somehow trigger scenes within openHAB, that’s a different story and requires a configuration to define channels etc.

I’m not really sure what you refer to here - my message wasn’t exactly “instructions” - it was a question :confused:

1 Like

I think that was meant to be a response to @JimH’s post, not to yours.

Ok, that would make more sense, but it was a response to me so is a little confusing :wink: -:

1 Like

First I would like to apologize to everyone for causing so much confusion, and I want to thank everyone for trying to assist. I have figured it out. Never fails that online instructions are a few software iterations behind, and in this case led me down a bad path. The hub extender is now part of the OH Z-Wave network and I can see most of my devices on the hub extender app, meaning I can control them with my remote.
I also have a good copy of the xml file for the hub extender. Should I provide it to someone for future use, and if so, how do I go about doing that.

So at the end of the day, what do you gain from it? I’m struggling to see the use case.

1 Like

It is joined as a secondary controller or as a device? If just a controller and it was recognized by the binding the xml file is not needed.

If it shows as an unknown device then the xml file and any zwave documentation would be useful for somebody to enter it in the community maintained database.