JSONPath errors showing up in the log files

I’m running OH2.4x on an RPi 2B+ and I have been adding a light switch, and 3 temp sensors in the last couple of days. All are working well.

I happen to look in the log file today and saw this error message. I did install the JSONPath Transformation as suggested by one of the other users on here.

2019-01-20 21:29:24.517 [WARN ] [ofiles.JSonPathTransformationProfile] - Please specify a function and a source format for this Profile in the 'function' and 'sourceFormat' parameters. Returning the original state now.

2019-01-20 21:29:24.565 [WARN ] [ofiles.JSonPathTransformationProfile] - Please specify a function and a source format for this Profile in the 'function' and 'sourceFormat' parameters. Returning the original state now.

2019-01-20 21:29:24.618 [WARN ] [ofiles.JSonPathTransformationProfile] - Please specify a function and a source format for this Profile in the 'function' and 'sourceFormat' parameters. Returning the original state now.

I didn’t see any function or sourceFormat parameters that need setting up when I installed the JSON binding. Could it possibly be I missed something when I created the temp, humidity and pressure sensors? It looks like it is happening around the areas in the log file that have to do with the sensors.
All the sensors were set up using the Paper UI. I also noticed that the temperature readings display in degrees C in OH2 and then switch to F and back to C randomly.
Any insight, pointers or RTFM as to what I need to check to fix these errors?
Below is what I used when configuring my channels. Did I miss something here?

Thank you.

John

This has to do with a profile not the mqtt binding

Can you post the relevant items, please?

Goodmorning everyone. I used the Binding MQTT 2.4 on stable version on windows in configuration from paperui. Actually, the error appears after the JSONPATH conversion is configured during the creation of a “THINGS” with a “channel type” number. I have not used anything in text, so the error comes from the use of MQTT binding. I used the binding to read data from the broker that publishes the values of a tasmota sonoff and the transformation I used is JSONPATH: $. SI7021.Temperature.

179/5000

I think I understand the problem! In paperui you must create a GENERIC MQTT THING and create a link to a channel that, in the case of JSONPATH information, must be of type string / text.

The channel can be of any type as long as the transformation returns a valid state

If I use a channel of type number I get the error "Please specify a function and a source format for this Profile in the ‘function’ and ‘sourceFormat’ parameters. If I use a Text type, the error disappears. The transformation gives me the correct result in both cases.

post the json and the channel set-up, please. It should work. I use it for WiFi signal strength on sonoffs.

Where do I find the json? I did everything in a graphical configuration from the binding …

From MQTT. You are using a tasmota?
There is a space too many in there:

It should be: JSONPATH:$.SI7021.Temperature (No spaces)

I apologize, but I typed it manually. In OH I used the correct format without spaces. I repeat, I get the correct result in both cases, but only if I use the text channel I do not receive errors in the log. Anyway, yes, I use Tasmota.

Can you post a screen shot, please?

What errors?

if the channel is defined as Number, I receive this error:

[WARN ] [ofiles.JSonPathTransformationProfile] - Please specify a function and a source format for this Profile in the 'function' and 'sourceFormat' parameters. Returning the original state now.

hat instead I do not receive if it is defined as Text

Can you post the item, the channel is linked to, please?

Again, can you post the item linked to that channel.
You have set a profile on that item and it’s wrong:

JSonPathTransformationProfile