Karaf client

When I try to use karaf client (by /opt/openhab//runtime/karaf/bin/client) I get:

client: Ignoring predefined value for KARAF_HOME
Logging in as openhab
1221 [sshd-SshClient[7960847b]-nio2-thread-1] WARN org.apache.sshd.client.session.ClientSessionImpl - Exception caught
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to negotiate key exchange for kex algorithms (client: ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,ecdh-sha2-nistp521 / server: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1)

I worked two weeks ago - what is going wrong?

By the way - ssh karaf@localhost -p8101 with password karaf or habopen does not work either - password is not correct …

Thanks for any hint,
Frank

I have no idea on the posted error, however the relative new password “habopen” does NOT work if you use the old call “ssh karaf@…”. This has to be changed to “ssh openhab@…”

Thanks for your hint - I can confirm that this works:

ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101
password: habopen

I found a solution for “Unable to negotiate key exchange for kex algorithms”: I did not make any thoughts about the java I used, it was just the java my SuSe Leap 42.1 was installed with. In fact this is openjdk version “1.8.0_91”. But I saw some notes which said that OracleJDK should be used - so I installed the actual OracleJDK "java version “1.8.0_102”. Now the problem is gone.

Maybe this is useful for someone other facing this problem …

Regards,
Frank