Karaf: could not launch framework

Hi there,

installed an OpenHabian on a new Raspberry Pi 4, 2GB. Once by the Openhabian Image manually with the most recent stable release and second via the Raspbi-Imager, also the most recent stable release.

Just from the initial setup, the webUI does not come up and I see these exceptions in the log:

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2022-09-17 21:19:14.172 [SEVERE] [org.apache.karaf.main.Main] - Could not launch framework

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error initializing storage for Equinox container.

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:110)

at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.<init>(Equinox.java:53)

at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.EquinoxFactory.newFramework(EquinoxFactory.java:35)

at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.EquinoxFactory.newFramework(EquinoxFactory.java:30)

at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.launch(Main.java:291)

at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.main(Main.java:183)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to create lock manager.

at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.open(StorageManager.java:713)

at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getChildStorageManager(Storage.java:2194)

at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.getInfoInputStream(Storage.java:2211)

at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.<init>(Storage.java:256)

at org.eclipse.osgi.storage.Storage.createStorage(Storage.java:184)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainer.<init>(EquinoxContainer.java:108)
  • Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4, 2GB Ram, 32GB SSD
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk 11
    • openHAB version: 3.3.0
  • Issue of the topic: s.o.

I have the same issue. Still searching for a workaround or resolution. I’ve tried switching to all the alternative java options in openhabian-config, but still the same error.

Finally got it working. Futzed around changing java versions to zulu 11. Used the config tool to fix permissions (no idea if that helped). I’m cranky that I didn’t log all the things I was changing. Basically, very sloppy work that eventually fixed something.