Keep loosing my Zwave bridge

Hi,

I have OH3 installed as docker on RPI4 with Aeotec Zwave dongle (running via USB2 hub)
Every few days I lose my bridge, sometime restart to the host helps sometime not.

When its not working I can see it in the host

chura@raspberrypi:~/pod $ lsusb | grep Aeotec
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc. Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 (ZW090) - UZB

Its mapped into the docker, I hope correctly

root@raspberrypi:/openhab# ls -al /dev/ttyACM0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 166, 0 Apr 14 07:42 /dev/ttyACM0

But still the UI shows

How can I debug what’s wrong, if its docker/host issue or hardware issue or…

Is it a powered USB hub or unpowered? I am not sure if it makes a difference but I seem to recall powered hubs as recommended.

It’s unpowered one. As recommend by Aeotec.

you can run ‘dmesg’ at the liunx CLI, see if the device or hub has been disconnected or isolated due to power problems. My Zigbee USB stick was disconnecting, turned out the washer/dryer was causing just enough vibrations on floor above to wiggle the USB on the wall mounted pi. I pinched the USB connectors on the PI a bit more to make a tighter fit and solved the problem. But for awhile I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why.

1 Like

Issues like that can be difficult. I inherited a wireless AP that had issues and ran fine for 2 years since last troubleshooting.

The issue ended up being a bad patch panel connection termination to a cable. Reattaching the patch panel connection to the cable resolved the issue until the building was finally torn down,