KeyPadLinc buttons and openHAB

Bruce a few questions.

1. Have you cleared cache and restarted.
  2. It sounds as if you are controlling Phillips Hue with the keypad. I am also. Can you post the items file for those?

I am controlling Hue and Tradfri and don’t have issues like this. I do have an issue with my insteon loads being a little slower. I need to try a few fixes to the linking, but I have not done so yet. Keep in mind my max delays at anytime are less than 2 secs. 15 sounds like something else may be wrong.

Here is my original Hue rule:

rule "Button D Rule 1 ON_Off"
when 
    Item Ins_6Button1_D changed    
then
    logWarn("Insteon_RuleLog", "BTND Turned ON")
    Hue.sendCommand(triggeringItem.state.toString)
end 

My current rule has some other logic with it so I didnt post. It is related to whether brightness is 100% or not. But this rule worked fine with my hue. I just tested and it has less than 1second delay, almost no delay.

Had a thought.

1. Shutdown openhab press a keypad button see if light turning on has a delay.
  2. Remove power from as many insteon devices as possible the keypad can power off by pulling the set button. Then try you insteon button for hue lights.
    Trying to isolate where problem might be. Also lastly how many rule files do you have?

Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. I’ve been without internet for a few days due to an issue with my AT&T modem/router - since that’s the router that’s used for my internal wired network, I’ve been “out of business” for any openHAB work for a few days. They are sending a new modem today, so hopefully I’ll be back up and running this evening. Without the

I only have the one rules file with the two rules listed in my previous post. I have the extra logic in there about not running the rules again for a certain time because I need to be able to turn the light on with the button, but I also need the button’s light to turn on if the hue light is turned on with another method (e.g. hue app or Alexa voice control).

My insteon devices respond almost immediately to button presses.There is more lag going from the insteon keypad to a hue light, but it appeared to be better after I stopped openHAB, flushed the cache and tmp directories and restarted openHAB. I was able to reduce the latency variable to 2s, so that’s better. I’ll do some more testing either tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get the new modem/router up and running.

I’d love it if I didn’t have to have the extra logic in these rules (perhaps a different trigger or some other way of approaching it). Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bruce

I am having a similar struggle. The extra logic piece. I need to look at my rules again and see what extra logic I had and why. Maybe we can work this rule thing together.

I asked a question about this on another board, and got a good suggestion.

I implemented that last night and it seems to work quite well. Let me know if it works for your situation.

Thanks for all the help!

Bruce

Thanks I am following that thread also. Have not tried it yet.

I had similar logic to what was in there, but still had another issue. I can’t remember what it was. I am going to try that code then move on if it works.

I do however have to co tact insteon to swap out my keypad. It has a flicker and also randomly buttons seem to get toggled. So something wrong with it.