Known issues on OH3 upgrade

Hi Markus,
today i wanted to upgrade my OH2.5 to OH3. Unfortunately i had to roll back due to missing addons. I know that some addons may be removed due to the removal of the compatibility layer. But it seems that some more are missing. Here is what i found so far:

• EnOcean: it is listed online (Add-ons | openHAB) but during setup it was not available (using latest docker image)
  • Fritzbox TR064: maybe its an old one but i am not sure. A list of removed addons would be helpful
  • Hue: dont know if it is renamed to Philips Hue or if they are different addons

At least a more detailed list of removed/renamed addons would be great. So users can switch to another implementation before upgrading.
In general it was a bit strange that i had to run a setup wizard and install plugins which might already available because it did an upgrade and not a clean installation. Maybe you can add this to some upgrade guide.

I added that. But it’s all publicly available knowledge.
It’s not secret withheld by some developer. A rather simple google search found it.
Yes it often requires some efforts to find, and sometimes even a lot of but anyone including yourself could have done that.

So please to all users out there:
Please don’t reply here only to ask for more information. Open your own thread.

Gather and share your knowledge not your complaints.
Contribute yourselves. Thank you.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Looking for bindings

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with GUI defined DSL rules

2 posts were split to a new topic: Tr064 binding new name

2 posts were split to a new topic: openHABian upgrading hangs

A post was split to a new topic: Dimmer issue?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Non default port

Please guys only post here if the issue is of interest to a wide audience and impact many.

For your own issues, open your own threads please, and mind the posting rules.
I’m not your caretaker to sort your communications for you. Thank you.

How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

A post was split to a new topic: Habpanel issues

Hi,

I noticed you split my post about using a custom port. Does this mean you won’t treat this as a general upgrade issue that impacts a wide audience?

Fine with me, but then I’m going to close the thread as I now installed from scratch anyway. Nevertheless I think that an upgrade function shouldn’t ignore such a configuration change.

Stefan

Well I only have a peek at posts so can easily be mistaken when taking the decision to move a post.
A custom port in the first place IMHO is a custom problem. I don’t think many users change it.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Upgrade issue

HABPanelViewer: OH3 changed REST event topics (not mentioned as breaking change), thus HABPanelViewer Command Item is broken. For now use 0.9.27pre linked in first post of HABPanelViewer thread until an official release is available.

A post was split to a new topic: OH3 persistence freeze

A post was split to a new topic: Upgrade issues with Samba et al

A post was split to a new topic: Cors problem

Hi Markus,
I noticed that in the breaking changes it’s missing the fact that this API will no longer be working. I know it’s not an official API, but many users rely on this API for their setups, so I think everyone should know it:

http://localhost:8080/classicui/CMD?<itemname>=<command>

I have opened my own topic on the subject, as a workaround should be provided:

thanks

This is no breaking change as it never was officially supported.
Further answer in your topic.