KNX 2: Received command rule trigger does not work

Trying to figure out the same Question currently.

I was using this rule with KNX1 which worked fine

rule "Message if Blinds UP"
	when
		Item RLHausAlle received command UP
	then
		sendTelegram("bot1","Rolläden im ganzen Haus am "+ Date.state.format("%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY") +" um " + Date.state.format("%1$tH:%1$tM") + " geöffnet")
end

rule "Message if Blinds DOWN"
	when
		Item RLHausAlle received command DOWN
	then
		sendTelegram("bot1","Rolläden im ganzen Haus am "+ Date.state.format("%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY") +" um " + Date.state.format("%1$tH:%1$tM") + " geschlossen")
end

As with KNX2, the “received command” is not supported by the non-Control-items, so am not sure how to work around that. If my logic triggers the blinds, it uses the RLHausAlles item. In case I needed to define something like RLHausAlles-Control-Item then I would Need an additional rule to modify the Control-item, as it would not get fired by the RLHausAlles command, as far as I understand this. Can somebody give a hint how to deal with this?

Hm, it get’s even more confusing

this WORKS

rule "Test ON"
	when 
		Item LichtUnterschrankNord received update ON
	then
		LichtKueche.sendCommand (ON)
end

rule "Test OFF"
	when 
		Item LichtUnterschrankNord received update OFF
	then
		LichtKueche.sendCommand (OFF)
end

this DOESN’T…

rule "Message if Blinds UP"
	when
		Item RLHausAlle received update UP
	then
		sendTelegram("bot1","Rolläden im ganzen Haus am "+ Date.state.format("%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY") +" um " + Date.state.format("%1$tH:%1$tM") + " geöffnet")
end

According to the documentation, RECEIVED UPDATE can use an Attribute (UP or ON/OFF in These cases). Why does it work with the light, but not the rollershutter?

UP is a command you can send to a rollershutter, but not a state a rollershutter Item can take.
Maybe you want to use trigger
Item received command UP

Understood, that clarifies the behavior. Thanks!

Probably I am not the only one using “-control” type things to be able to trigger on up/down & stop commands. In the past I noticed, that openHAB resends telegrams received for these items to the bus.

This can be prevented by adding autoupdate=“false” to these items, as suggested by Kai Kreuzer: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues/4234