Knx binding via abb-usb/s1.1

hey there,
the problem is within the knx binding rasp pi2 and raspbian jessie:
it says :“knx interface wether /dev/ttys0 or /dev/ttyUSB0” but none of those exist. I only got /dev/AMA0, but that doesn’t seem to work.

knx:serialPort=/dev/ttyAMA0

ls -la /dev/tty* shows a lot of fancy tty’s, but no usb :frowning:

do I need to install eibd? I hope not, the manual says that the knx binding does the job.

any suggestions?

uh, seems like noone uses usb to knx binding… o.k. lets ask another way: the rasp pi2 has 4 usb ports, is that the reason why i can’t connect via ttyusb0?

any help appreciated. can i skrew something up with installing eibd-daemon only to test, if this helps?

two hours later… I found out that ttyama0 is the serial connector on top of the pi. that means the pi refuses to have usb ports >_< but i can clearly see four of them on the side of the pcb… but no /dev/ttyUSB* to see in linux. funny, cause all four ports are in use, and work.

…again some hours later…
The Rasp recognizes the interface now, as dmesg shows:

[ 2.854593] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: ABB STOTZ-KONTAKT GmbH
[ 2.861745] systemd[1]: Mounting FUSE Control File System…
[ 2.870341] hid-generic 0003:147B:5120.0003: hiddev0,hidraw2: USB HID v1.01 Device [ABB STOTZ-KONTAKT GmbH KNX-USB Interface (MDRC)] on usb-3f980000.usb-1.4/input0

but it thinks the interface is an HID, which results in a mount at /dev/hidraw2 rather than ttyUSB. great.

My head aches now, and there’s a little smoke coming out of my ears… good n8

Mkay, now I figured out how to set an uvdev rule to get the ttyS0 file.
The file looks like this now:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -l /dev/ttyS0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Mär 6 10:48 /dev/ttyS0 -> bus/usb/001/009

Links this file:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -l /dev/bus/usb/001/009
crw-rw-r-- 1 root eibd 189, 8 Mär 6 10:48 /dev/bus/usb/001/009

This now means to me: Everybody can use the ttyS0 file. root or eibd can use the usb device, right?

Which user or usergroup is openhab? B’cause I still can’t send or receive telegrams with the USB device :frowning:

Supplemental: If I unplug/plug the USB/S1.1 the files do exactly as expected :slightly_smiling: so that’s kinda huge leap for me.

Hi I’ve the same problem and the same configuration (Raspberry PI 2 + ABB) but…
I can’t find my USB device… :frowning:
Could you help me?

Hi, could you post me your “openhab.config” file??

Guys any updates?
plan to use USB KNX gateway,

Does KNX binding allows to work with USB-KNX gateway in the same way as with Ethernet-KNX gateway?