KNX binding?

Hey,

I’m trying to move from linuxmce to openhab 1.8.2… So it’s all a bit new to me. :blush:
But during the migration, I want to have both systems running. Of course. Linuxmce is using eibd to connect, and for the moment, I can’t seem to get the KNX binding to work. All servers are running under VMWare

In configuration/openhab.cfg, I’ve got:

knx:ip=192.168.111.21
knx:type=TUNNEL
knx:localIp=192.168.111.253

And in addons, I’ve copied org.openhab.binding.knx-1.8.2.jar

For the item (configurations/items/demo.item), I’ve got:

Switch Light_GF_Living_Achterdeur “Achterdeur” (GF_Living, Lights) { knx=“3/1/105+3/3/30” }

I’ve tried to play around with tunnel/router and localip on/off. But nothing seems to work. Is it possible that it’s due the fact that 2 devices (eib and openhab) are talking to the IP-router? I’ve also shut down the server linuxmce for a while, but didn’t solve my issue.

In logback.xml, I’ve added:

<logger name="tuwien.auto.calimero" level="DEBUG" />

I don’t see anything arriving in the logs (var/log/openhab) concerning knx traffic?
Any thoughts about it?

Is there a cli command to test the connection? fe with eib you’ve got groupswrite… don’t know if this exist under openhab?

ok, figured it out (try and error was the game)…

Seems I had to have following config in place for KNX. And both servers can send now their commands to the bus…

knx:ip=192.168.111.21
knx:busaddr=1.1.2
knx:type=TUNNEL
knx:localIp=192.168.111.253

Where the .21 is my KNX Gateway, the .253 my openhab server and the 1.1.2 a free bus address.

Great, now this works, I can start creating some items/sitemaps/…